Bye Bye BA...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2004, 21:05   #1 (permalink)

Bye Bye BA......

This weekend i made the choice. Enough is enough.

I got sick of the Clunky Diff, Gearbox whine, failed power steering pump, busted water pump, cracked radiator, leaking diff, water leaks into the cabin, faulty electronic throttle...the list goes on..... Most importantly got sick of the crap service from FORD.

After owning falcons my whole life, (EA, EF, EFII, AU, AUII, BA) and having the BA XR6 for 19months and 45,000kms, i've decided..NO MORE FORD.........

I can't believe that ford can say "your car has a problem that we are aware of, but we don't have a fix for it" and the department of fair trading can't do a thing about it.......it's just been one thing after another.....

We already own a Subaru Imprezza RS (wife's car) which i purchased 2 months before the falcon. This subaru has not had a single thing fail in the two years of ownership.

Speaking to other subaru owners i was hard pressed to find anyone with any ongoing problems with their subaru.

Hence i purchased a Liberty 3.0 R-B - 180kw with 6 speed STI gearbox. According to figures it outruns an XR6 in the 0-100 dash. Feels like it too.

I'm sorry to say that if anyone asks me about my Ford experience, or decides they want to buy one, i'll strongly suggest they steer clear of any Ford Products.

I WAS a loyal ford customer, i expect that things break down, but i refuse to tolerate Ford's sloppy customer service any longer.......
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2004, 21:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bye Bye BA......

It breaks your heart, but thats a fair call.
traceyxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 21:29   #3 (permalink)

wat can u do, you can only hope you have better luck with your new car manufacturer
frdpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 21:32   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Liberty is a good car, no one can argue that.
Congrats on the new ride, at least you won't get annoyed by depreciation every time Ford/ Holden release a more "powerful" model.
By the way, how much did you get it for, if I may ask?
Old 10-10-2004, 21:38   #5 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Fair enough, can i ask how much trade you got??

The Subaru is a nice car, I looked at one when i bought my new BA XR6 3 weesk ago, but couldnt justify buying a 4cylinder for the same price as a six, not to mention the fact that it was smaller and really had nothing over the XR6. I personally wouldnt buy a Manual XR6 either after reading about your problems as well as manner others..

I can see where your coming from with regard to customer service on Fords part, it comes back to Ford and their commitment to dealers (if there is any)..

Anyways I hope your new ride serves you well, they are a pretty hot car in the six variant, if only they were a bit cheaper...
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 21:50   #6 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Good choice of new car, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

It is always sad to see someone get a lemon and it is always sad to see that Ford cannot handle customer relations with any sort of competence at all.
Old 10-10-2004, 22:14   #7 (permalink)

Great move.

There comes a point in time when it's no longer worth persevering with a troublesome car... and if the warranty doesn't appear to be worth the paper it's printed on, what is the point of keeping a car that is increasingly problematic?

And even if you do have issues with the Subaru, I'm sure the dealer will be far more professional than Ford have been.
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 22:24   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the understanding guys....

I got 30k for my 02 BA Xr6, with 46,000k's and 18" chrome wheels. The 6 cylinder subaru cost me $55k. However if you compare feature for feature, its actually about the same price as a BA xr6.

The subaru includes.

18" Wheels,
Sunroof,
Leather Seats, with 8 way electric adjustment (both front ones)
Premium 13 speaker McIntosh sound system,
All 4 electric windows,
Racing Aluminium Pedals,
Climate control,
Side air bags (including curtain airbags)
4 wheel traction (add traction control on XR6)
etc etc.

According to the Ford website, an XR6 NA with all the above options will actually cost only about $1000 cheaper then the liberty.

Considering the power output of a liberty is 180kw, and it's actually quicker to 100km/hr than the XR, i think it represents great value for money.

And yeah the resale should be better...
Old 10-10-2004, 22:46   #9 (permalink)

Thats is really sad news dk_falconXR6.

I know how you feel cause I'm in the same boat as you are.
This week I also said good bye to my BA XR8 UTE which I only got in Feburay this year. With the ongoing problems with my car and Ford I said enough is enough and gave Ford the finger.
This being my first car from Ford I was not happy with the service and the product that Ford failed to delivered

Its sad for all Ford owner's. All I can Say to Ford is ......

Shame, Shame , Shame

B_B
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 22:52   #10 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Good choice. I hope you enjoy Liberty much more than the XR6 (I thinks you will).

I was almost a Subaru owner at the time I was looking for a upgrade from my AU XR8 in March this year. Was a very close decision. 2001 Subaru WRX in Black, manual, 18's, top notch stereo system and a few other goodies. The TS50 won after 2 days of no sleep trying to make a decision over the two cars and only because of the sprinkle of blue blood that runs in my veins, and I've always loved the look of the series 1 TS50.

The manual driveline in the Falcon is absolutely shocking, and still is. That's why I got a auto, it's not as bad as the manual, but still noticeable clunks/shunts are present. If Ford doesn't lift there game in the quality department, I might eventually get that WRX. The Japanese car makers would never release a car with the driveline issues Ford has had for the last decade, or more.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons