CAI for BA 6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 08:52   #1 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

CAI for BA 6

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any how to's or such on the forum, or if anyone wants to empart their wisdom upon me. :)

i've got a k&n filter and the wider xr6T snorkle. (didn't notice a difference) and was wondering how to go from there. (pics would be wonderful)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 18:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: CAI for BA 6

I'm thinking of doing this also. All the usual places will do it mate.
Pic attached is from AWC... they also provide instructions on how to install it yourself if you're that way inclined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intake.jpg (50.0 KB, 340 views)
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 21:54   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
Hey guys, just wondering if there are any how to's or such on the forum, or if anyone wants to empart their wisdom upon me. :)

i've got a k&n filter and the wider xr6T snorkle. (didn't notice a difference) and was wondering how to go from there. (pics would be wonderful)
Hi
Don't waste your money with SS Induction or AWC etc etc. Easiest way is to buy either a XR8 Snorkal or a F6 Snorkal (both similar price $55-$65) and install it under the headlight. If you want to save more money buy a flexible rubber pipe (100mm) from bunnings and run that from the headlight into the airbox - you may need a clamp to hold it in place.

I tried to attach some pics - dont know if that worked
XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:26   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

the pics didn't work newxr.. but that is what i am most interested in, as the others are like $400!! could you please email the pics to me at dawal5@student.monash.edu.au

thanks mate.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
the pics didn't work newxr.. but that is what i am most interested in, as the others are like $400!! could you please email the pics to me at dawal5@student.monash.edu.au

thanks mate.
Try This

And This

XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
Old 06-05-2005, 08:53   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

mate, the links don't work, i'm so depressed! :( heehehe. but seriously i'd love to see these pics.
Old 06-05-2005, 18:21   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
mate, the links don't work, i'm so depressed! :( heehehe. but seriously i'd love to see these pics.

Sorry but I seem to be having trouble uploading images including to e-mails - stuffed if I know why however the links are as follows

http://www.************.com/forum/in...howtopic=15262

and

http://www.************.com/forum/in...howtopic=17249

The airbox for the XR6T and XR6/XT is the same

Now I dont know why this thing is placing "stars" in the URL however replace stars with (************) ford xr6 turbo (as one long word). If I type in the whole word it is replacing it with stars
Old 06-06-2005, 01:14   #8 (permalink)

Imade my own CAI and it is awesome. I good reviews at the drags a few week ago. I know mines an v8 and yours is a 6 but the princible is the same. Only differance will be is the intake pipe.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:47   #9 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

looks well finished mate, what's under the shiny cover? if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-06-2005, 13:25   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
looks well finished mate, what's under the shiny cover? if you don't mind me asking?
A BMC pod filter and 10mm insulation to keep the heat out. Also a side affect of having the air box that I made is The induction roar is something you got to hear, garenteed to make you drool.

Matt
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons