can i get the mighty AU? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2002, 08:58   #1 (permalink)
sickartist

can i get the mighty AU?

its come to my attention that if i can only scrounge $3000 more i could score an absolutey pristine GAS fueled AU!

I NEED THIS CAR!

my dad drives one, and he FILLS his tank for $12!
now that i drive to uni, (under 300k's a week including other driving) i need a car with this sort of economy.

i could buy a simple 4 cyl car, and pay twice as much to fill the tank. i would die for this ****ing car!

but how the **** am i going to get more money??

if i could get $14,000 to spend, what sort of GAS reliant AU's would i have to choose from? they would have pretty high kays i would assume? i would prefer to get one with low kays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2002, 12:06   #2 (permalink)
dont have 1

AU

Just sell yourself, $150 for a **** and $50 for a head job, i'm sure you might be able to buy a AU in no time, haha, im sure some old man would be interested
Old 02-24-2002, 14:42   #3 (permalink)
The Goodz

Maybe loan the money from your parents?

Alex
Old 02-24-2002, 21:52   #4 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

AU...why not wait 4 the AV?

Ive read the AV falcon is due out in oct,and **** when it gets here!!!,whers talking 180kw forte!!!!,better still factory turbo XR6s =210kw and 240kw XR8s...holy shit!!!

I know its treason,but im not impressed with the AU,to my eye the EF/EL range pisses on it 4 looks wiv the same motor!..why would you get one i dont get it...?
Old 02-25-2002, 07:37   #5 (permalink)

Re: AU...why not wait 4 the AV?

You would get one because, they are even more refined than the EL. Being the last of the E series Falcons the EL is a very nice and refined car, however the AU is even better again. If you like how the AU looks, then why wouldn't you get one? They are cheap as anything at the moment and will be even cheaper when the AV is released.

btw, I too read that the Forte might cop a 180 kW engine, but realistically it probably won't be the case, as for the other figures, they should be pretty spot on. Apparently the turbo six for the XR6 has the potential to easily reach 300 kW!!! Start Saving.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 08:30   #6 (permalink)
Back on the road again

Au Falcon

"MIGHTY" AU..... I hope your joking

falconnsw@hotmail.com
Aiming for the Best EB Ghia
whataboutBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:33   #7 (permalink)
sickartist

Re: Au Falcon

despite what all u kids say, the AU is a sick sick car, and i want one that runs on gasss. if i could own any car which ate ****en tons of petrol and i didnt have to worry about how much it cost, my options would be different.

i asked for help about a specific car, and how much it would cost, but you guys tend to digress just a little too much.
Old 02-25-2002, 16:51   #8 (permalink)
phreeky

Re: Au Falcon

i think that if you are dying to get the AU, you have to wait until either the AV comes out and AU prices drop, or taxis start pissing off the AUs.

i would suggest waiting for both and just drive like a granny for the time being.

if you really are after just fuel economy, then think about the magnas. sorry guys it isn't a ford, but the newer magnas have awesome fuel economy, especially the 3L v6s. you wont be lacking power when you need it either.

look for other ex taxis too, like ELs.

if you're simply after the AUs looks, then ignore the last 2 paragraphs.
Old 02-26-2002, 16:43   #9 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

Err ...sorry

I did not mean to sound like a dik, hey its just my opinion and if u want an AU hey its your choice!

I have just seen so many comparisons at traffic lights ,u know side by side and excepting the great (ftr)blue AUs wiv xr8 kit etc,the ELs seem ( to me ) to look overall more balanced ,lower even when wiv stock springs and white paint ,tint windows etc. But the price diff ( mabe 3g$) is a big bonus 4 a still VERY new car

SO SICKARTIST GO 4 IT !!!.
Old 02-27-2002, 15:54   #10 (permalink)
sickartist

Re: Err ...sorry

hey thanks for the support man, I always thought u and everyone else here, were an alright bunch of guys!

basically the thing that attracts me to the AU falcon (even the most standard one) is the fact that some of them had engines that run soley on gas.

right now - ECONOMY is my major concern!
and to me, FILLING YOUR TANK for $12 IS ****EN AWESOME!

i dont earn shit! hence my interest!
i want to buy a decent car that will last ages, and not have to fork out money on anything expcet the actual purchase, insurance and putting gas in it. i really cant afford to be replacing a different part of the car every weekend.

on closer inspection, i like the looks of the AU, the interior and all its features, even tho a souped EF-EL may be able to look way way way ****en better!?!? know what i mean?

i think i might have to wait a few more months yet, do some hardcore granny driving, remain unbelievably celebate to all the uni chicks i cannot pull, and then i will grab one!

anyone on this board drive an AU, or more importantly a gas powered one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons