capa flasher - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 17:42   #1 (permalink)

Question capa flasher

i bought a capa flasher it is fault and the owner will not replace it or give me my money back i bought from a performance place suply and fitted and custom tune. FEED BACK PLEASE
qik40t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 20:36   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: capa flasher

If it is faulty then they need to replace it. Alot of them have been sold so they are a good unit.

What problem are you having?
Old 12-29-2007, 21:50   #3 (permalink)

It got flashed, on all 3 settings, its pinging its head off. i took it back and he didnt know wats wrong and he didnt even want to check the problem. the cappa flasher smells burnt so i got a professional to open it up and check it out and he found wires solded on the surcuit board. seems to be a 2nd hand stuffed up one that they have repaired. he also said that i have to deal with it myself by ringing cappa performance in S.A. it was fitted by BTA Performance in Belmore.
Old 12-30-2007, 13:32   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Go to the place that sold it to you. CAPA is the distributor and BTA has retailed it to you so BTA is who you should go and see. If you purchased new and it is a repaired unit then you should be able to get a replacement.

As for the pinging, that would more likely be the tune or poor fuel. Do not drive it on that tune if it is pinging. Put it back to the factory tune or you will damage the engine.
Old 12-30-2007, 20:58   #5 (permalink)

i did but he does not want to do any about it what should i do he is being a dick over it
Old 12-30-2007, 21:44   #6 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Mention Department of Fair Trading, and that a number of folks from Ford Forums have told you this.
Try ringing CAPA, and just let them know the troubles you are having, dont blame or bag them, just keep them up to speed.

Regards
Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 23:22   #7 (permalink)

thanks for that i will do that brother keep you posted
Old 01-11-2008, 17:02   #8 (permalink)

Smile Re: capa flasher

Hi. my capa flasher was replased by capa. So help full and on time took my car went to cv performance and the car goes harder than before it drive smooth and cant hear it running at light thank to con and jeff and all the boys from cv performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons