CAPA Flasher for BA 6cyl 4l non turbo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 00:18   #1 (permalink)
MoreHPformyXR6

CAPA Flasher for BA 6cyl 4l non turbo

Hi there
I was wondering if anyone has fitten a flasher to there 6cyl BA non turbo with no other mods or minimal mods and what there thoughts and experiences have been. Eg happy with the result and the power increase for the money.
Looking fwd to your input.
Thanks
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 04:13   #2 (permalink)
XR Madness!

frown Re: CAPA Flasher for BA 6cyl 4l non turbo

i've asked the same question a million times and get nothin'. Hope u get an answer.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:46   #3 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: CAPA Flasher for BA 6cyl 4l non turbo

you can see what mods i have..... a few but nothing too major. I am very pleased with the capa. The major difference is response and low down torque. It's the best mod you can do to your car. The only other mod which came close to making as much improvement was the diff. And then it was necessary to get the capa to make the auto behave itself again. Feel free to ask any questions.... more than happy to help.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heef101
i've asked the same question a million times and get nothin'. Hope u get an answer.
btw... i've responded to these types of questions on many occasions over the last year. You've obviously been asking the wrong places.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 12-21-2005, 22:09   #5 (permalink)
MoreHPformyXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
you can see what mods i have..... a few but nothing too major. I am very pleased with the capa. The major difference is response and low down torque. It's the best mod you can do to your car. The only other mod which came close to making as much improvement was the diff. And then it was necessary to get the capa to make the auto behave itself again. Feel free to ask any questions.... more than happy to help.
Thanks for your reply dawal5
With the CAPA do you know if the cost of the CAPA flasher $995 is all inclusive eg tune?
If not whats the benefit of the tune & approx cost including CAPA flasher?
Do you now the approx b4 & after kw's increase after installing the flasher?
If you do a lot of bumber to bumber city driving & you drive the car in a regular fashion could you hasard a guess at the increase in fuel economy as a %.
I know thats heaps of questions but you did say you did say feel free to ask more questions.
Thanks
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 23:24   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottietwenty3
Thanks for your reply dawal5
With the CAPA do you know if the cost of the CAPA flasher $995 is all inclusive eg tune?
If not whats the benefit of the tune & approx cost including CAPA flasher?
Do you now the approx b4 & after kw's increase after installing the flasher?
If you do a lot of bumber to bumber city driving & you drive the car in a regular fashion could you hasard a guess at the increase in fuel economy as a %.
I know thats heaps of questions but you did say you did say feel free to ask more questions.
Thanks
G'day mate,

i'll start from the top.

when i bought my capa i got it for $1500 including a tune. But this was the only offer available at the time, the price dropped about two months after i got it. i'd recommend the tune because every engine is different as much as ppl would like to think not and then you know for sure what changes have been made. i think a tune by itself is between $200 and $400, depending on where you go.

for me, my car started with a peak of 144kw (high for a ba usually about 138kw) and after the tune that rose to 156kw. This was before any other mods were made to the car except the diff. so no exhaust or extractors or intake mods etc.

but this was not where the difference was achieved.... the difference was torque. this is where you would feel the difference on the road. the torque curve rose dramatically, with the biggest difference being in the lower rev range. this is where you notice the difference. this brings a smile to your face.

fuel economy was improved by the capa as it leans the engine out a bit in the lower rev range, which would provide the greatest benefit in traffic. well... when i first put in the diff i went from getting about 430km to 390 or 400 out of a tank.. and the capa improved that again to about 415 to 420 a tank. you can work that out as a percentage. however i do a fair mix or driving from cruising down the highway to uni to driving through the hills were i live. draw from this what you will.

i think that just about answers all your questions....

i'll just add that this mod is the best mod i have made as far as power and respose is concerned. i know it is a few bucks to part with but it is well worth it.

Let me know how you go.

Des.
Old 12-22-2005, 13:40   #7 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
btw... i've responded to these types of questions on many occasions over the last year. You've obviously been asking the wrong places.
U may have responded to those types of questions but i have posted many questions and been involved in many others regarding the edit on a non turbo, none of which u where involved in, and haven't really got any answers.
U'r obviously not looking in the right places.
Old 12-22-2005, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
U may have responded to those types of questions but i have posted many questions and been involved in regarding the edit on a non turbo, none of which u where involved in, and haven't really got any answers.
haha, yeah. but i don't need answers... you do.

lol.

i only really check this particular forum anyhow.
Old 12-22-2005, 23:01   #9 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
U may have responded to those types of questions but i have posted many questions and been involved in regarding the edit on a non turbo, none of which u where involved in, and haven't really got any answers.
Heef101, he's offering to help you with your questions.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 15:43   #10 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Heef101, he's offering to help you with your questions.
Nah don't think so CDAA...... there was no offer of help in dawal5's responce to my first post.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons