Car was broken into last night......:( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2003, 11:44   #1 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Car was broken into last night......:(

Everyone can relax, it wasn't my car (sigh of relief heard from crowd) it was my mum's EF. Had it parked outside of our workplace, had just finished work when we found the rear quater glass broken. They got my old door pods which were wrapped in brown paper ready for COD (obviously looked to be something far more appealing) and my absolute FAVOURITE blanket....BASTARDS! HAHA would be funny to see their faces when they realize they had gotten two useless pieces of wood.

The scariest part is that MY car was parked just down the road! I had my Mobile, wallet with $400 cash, Digital camera, Oakleys and bout $8000 worth of goodies listed in my sig in there It's a damn miracle they didn't break into my car!

My poor EA is barely driven anymore, and the one last place I regularly drive it is now a no no. She'll be kept in the garage and only taken out possibly on weekends. It's just too damn risky to park anywere these days! I hate the fact that I now regret spending so much on her, as it means I can't drive my car at all anymore for fear of these toss pots!

Old 05-01-2003, 12:46   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Gee man that sucks, sorry to hear it!! Just as well they didn't get anything valuable. When I first saw the topic I feared the worst - you've only just got the boot install done.

Hope you've got an alarm for the EA, even if it is driven sparingly. The cost can be easily justified considering the cost of all that sound equipment.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Even though they didnt get away with anything or real value its still annoying to say the least when something like this happens.
Old 05-01-2003, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

i sighed from relief, seeing that topic made me think that it was your car! that is f*&^ed man. do you have an alarm on yours?

rob

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 17:22   #5 (permalink)
-

shit dude, this sucks. the scary thought that it COULD have just as easily been your car is the worst part. itll make you scared to park your car there again...

on a similar note, i recently heard of theives that used a tow truck to tow practically BRAND NEW cars (talking 2002 model here) onto the back of a tow truck - break a window, drop the handbrake, turn on the hazards. noone would question this if they saw it - besides the shattered glass of course - because it looks like a breakdown. the person who'd had this done to them said the police are seeing this a lot lately... later the car was found - stripped, burnt and dumped.

theft sucks, and its only on the rise... :(
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 19:04   #6 (permalink)

makes u wonder if its worth having such a nice car.... every thing is so easily taken :/
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 19:07   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Shit man.. That's not good at all. Sorry to hear that.

I really reccommend you getting a alarm for your car if not a sat tracking one. Helps with insurance & gives you some piece of mind when you do take your car out of the garage..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 19:12   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Phew, thought the worst when I saw the thread.

But still, pain in the arse, sorry to hear it mate.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 23:32   #9 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

First thing that went into my car was an alarm, the best from that brand. It's got motion detectors so it gives a warning to people that pass by that it's fitted with an alarm (or tells them that theres something worth stealing :() And since it uses motion detectors to go off instead of vibrations, there are no false alarms like when a motorbike goes past or something. If you set it to real sensitive, you can leave a window open and if someone puts there hand in it'll go off :)

An alarm like this only works if your near by, like if it were parked in your driveway. It aint gunna do sh!t if your shopping or at work as nobody gives a fvck if a car alarm goes off anymore :( SInce the break in I've been considering upgrading to satelite tracking etc.
Old 05-01-2003, 23:41   #10 (permalink)

Low Life Pricks!!
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons