car touble - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47   #1 (permalink)

car touble

hi ford drivers i have a friend who has a BA xr 6 2003/2004 model and its a 5 speed manual but everytime she puts the clutch in it wants to stall ..she has been to some ford dealers and no one knows what is going on ?the car has only done 60,000ks on the clock in mint condition.she wants to get this sorted out so any help would be appreciated ..
mrhuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2007, 15:13   #2 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Re: car touble

Has it always done this? (clutch can be difficult untill you get the "hang" of it, give it more revs)
Started just recently? (you mentioned 60k travelled, clutch maybe worn out)

Regards
Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 21:31   #3 (permalink)

Stabs in the dark (I'm more of an E series man).

Does the BA have a clutch position microswitch to tell the ECU when the clutch is in or out? Earlier Falcons had one. If so, is it acting up?

How about silly things such as a wiring loom under the dash out of place? Depressing the clutch pedal might disturb a mis-routed wirning loom and cause interruptions to, for example, the ignition system. Might even be crushing wires etc.

As I said, stabs in the dark!
fordboy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:40   #4 (permalink)

yes the car has done it since was purchased 6 weeks ago?as i mentioned the ford dealers(mechanics) have no idea which is a real worrie but from reading other complaints im going towards the pcm then the o2 sensor but who knows i dont like fords myself just helping a friend but thanks paul v and fordboy98 appreciated..
mrhuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons