Central locking/electric window - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2003, 03:58   #1 (permalink)

Central locking/electric window

Starting this weekend for the first time our BA now greats us when we unlock it by remote with the drivers side window opening fully. Luckily it's only when unlocking the car. I remember reading a thread on this however cannot find the thread when searching. Can anyone help with a link or explanation to the problem before I call the dealers tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 15:13   #2 (permalink)

Booked in with dealer and thought I would add oil/filter change as we will probably reach 3000K by next week. What surprised me was the need to possibly have the car for two days as dash needs to be dismantled and recoding of all keys. Far bigger job than I imagined.
Old 04-06-2003, 20:40   #3 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Curls,
From other posts over at FordXrturbo.com it sounds more like a window switch that is the problem rather than anything under the dash... I would have thought that they could fix this within the day. Just check the odometer before your drop it off to make sure they don't go and do lappies in it for the day!.
Old 04-06-2003, 22:54   #4 (permalink)

bdennis,

To add to the confusion I have been also told that it only requires replacement of the switch unit on the drivers door with no need to go near the dash at all, while the service guys at the the local dearler said they have fixed a few and it needed work behind the dash. I'm trying to get some "info" from the factory mates.

Will let you know what I learn although, and with all due respect to the service dept of any dearler, taking apart the dash is not something I want done if avoidable and creates more chance for damage or if not fitted together properly a chance for rattlers to develop. It's warranty work so I know I won't pay but that isn't the point.
Old 04-06-2003, 23:08   #5 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Okay - I THINK this is what I had to get done recently.

I say think because it wasn't my window that was effected, it was the alarm.

There are a couple of weird BA glitches that include the auto down drivers window when you unlock the car, the panic button on the alarm going off in its own, the radio losing its lock and presets and a couple I can't remember off the top of my head.

The mechanic that fixed mine said that on all these cars they need to replace the Body Electronics Module (which I can't figure out if this is the same as the Body Control Module).

It's something to do with the faulty BEM interacting with the keyfob (or vice-versa) in ways not envisaged by the factory.

They install a new BEM, recode your keys, and the problem is supposedly fixed.

Mine took 2 hours from start to finish (I waited). Also, don't make the mistake I made of not taking your spare key, or it will no longer work and you'll need to go back a second time to get both keys recoded again (which took only 30 minutes, as the BEM didn't need replacing).

FYI, if it IS the BEM, this would be why they need to remove part of the dash, but it's nowhere near as bad as it sounds. From what I could see in the waiting room overlooking the workshop, it just looked like the lower console trim and the outer footwell kickpanels and the stuff up under the footwells was removed so they could get access to the area under the dash where the BEM must be.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 00:20   #6 (permalink)
XR6T Citric Acid

Guys,
Just picked up my XR6T 2 days ago and i am now suffering with the window sarga.. Ford has graciously told me that it was a relay issue apperantlt the same as my AUII XR i traded.. Wouldn't you think that if that was an issue in the previous it would be correct in this model ?
Axil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 00:34   #7 (permalink)

Body Module issues

I would agree that it could be the body module. I had a ford alarm installed in my ba xr6 and it was simply a different body module. I however didn't like the SH!T alarm that was put in and had it removed. I am now on the 4th body module. the body module is in the dash and it takes too fn long to replace.
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 23:38   #8 (permalink)

My car had its window switch unit in the door replaced, Not the body module unit. I had the dealer call Ford to ask for a guide as I Knew the official rectification notice to dealers had not gone out yet!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:07   #9 (permalink)

Well guys i dont know who replaced your Body Electrics Modules but iv'e gotta tell you that it can be done in half an hour,start to finish,including retraining both keys.The BEM is mounted to the base of the Interior Command Centre and takes approx 5 min to remove and about the same to refit the whole assy.
The problem with the windows IS the drivers door window switches.The auto down part of the switch is too sensitive and is triggered by the door lock actuator vibrations.
Also when retraining keys to the BEM,if you only have one key trained to the vehicle IT WILL NOT GO.You must train a minimum of 2 keys to the vehicle
Old 05-01-2003, 05:00   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FordTech65
Well guys i dont know who replaced your Body Electrics Modules but iv'e gotta tell you that it can be done in half an hour,start to finish,including retraining both keys.The BEM is mounted to the base of the Interior Command Centre and takes approx 5 min to remove and about the same to refit the whole assy.
The problem with the windows IS the drivers door window switches.The auto down part of the switch is too sensitive and is triggered by the door lock actuator vibrations.
Also when retraining keys to the BEM,if you only have one key trained to the vehicle IT WILL NOT GO.You must train a minimum of 2 keys to the vehicle
Is that Ford factory "Electronic Engineer wizard" time or Dealer Service department apprentice "charge Ford warranty" time??? They don't run on the same clock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons