Checked Out The BF XR8 At Our Ford Dealer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 02:06   #1 (permalink)

Checked Out The BF XR8 At Our Ford Dealer

Well today just cruising in my mates XR6T and just talking about the new BF range we just thought we should visit our local ford dealer and see if they had the BF XR8 and XR6T to take for a test drive. Upon arrival we got looked after from start to finish without any dramas. We were hoping both the BF XR6T and XR8 would be available but only the XR8 was available. Cutting to the chase it was a demonstrator model, in black, with the plates BFBOSS, 6spd auto, aftermarket reverse camera (available in territory) which you view thru the tft screen and it was ready to rock and roll!!

When we left the dealer drove it out i was in the back and my mate at the passenger seat. As we exited the dealer applied some acceleration enough to get abit of chirping and reaching close to 4500rpm+ in no time at all. On take off doesnt hesitate feels very smooth and responsive!

Pulling over and time to swap drivers my mate took over. Now we thought we'd take opportunity of this new 6spd box and see how she goes. Flick in sports mode, revs up and foot down it responds quite well, my mate claims there it is very smooth and there is no clunks coming from the diff or the tranny which he gets from his BA XR6T which also the dealer states that the clunks have been fixed compared to the ba's. Bottom line my mate liked the gearbox and now knowing what the buzz is all about!

When the foot goes down It ABSOULTELY screams as you climb thru the rev range, the exhaust note is very crisp and loud which me and my mate were stoked especially for a stock standard but we were happy with its aggressive growl! Despite its quick response off the mark it didnt have that ''pin you back'' feel compared to my mates xr6t. even just comparing it with the xr6t and sitting in the back my head would actually go back from the g force but compared to the bf xr8 i didnt get that pin back even when i was sitting at the front. Though it does get up and boogie but i understand the weight it has to haul which effects straight line edge.

Overall at the end of our test drive our conclusion is its a smooth a refined package, the 6spd box is magic, the exhaust note is something to die for but slightly lacks performance when compared to its little brother so really it just comes down to what tickles your fancy whether its blow for go or the v8 rumble.

Hope you enjoy the feedback cause i definetely enjoyed the experience!!!!!
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 17:56   #2 (permalink)
Conan

Re: Checked Out The BF XR8 At Our Ford Dealer

Good write up. The XR6 has it all over the V8 in the mid-range, which is where the most of your driving is done. Thats why they feel better.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons