chewing way too much fuel!?!?! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2004, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

chewing way too much fuel!?!?!

hey guys,

my xf has always been pretty thirsty on fuel, being a carby and all.......but this week i noticed something a little weird. i was sorta near empty on tuesday arvo, had the red bars and one or two small green ones left.........so i put $40 in on that same arvo, boosted it up to almost three quarters full, but i dont pay a whole lot of attention with my digital fuel tank kos it lies to me alot, goes up and down at random, but yeah since then all i have done is drove to and from work each day and to and from lunch breaks, probably only around 15 km a day or so, and its not thursday night and i just got back from town and noticed that my fuel tank was only just a little higher than it was when i filled it, and yeah im just wondering what sorta fuel economy you other XF carby owners get from them? oh i recently got a carby kit put on her by ford kos they said it needed it lol....

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 18:00   #2 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

Re: chewing way too much fuel!?!?!

anyone at all? lol

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
Old 07-08-2004, 22:36   #3 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

i would say that you readout is stuffed. We usded to won one EXACTLY the same as yours, and we ende up having to get the instrument cluster replaced because the electrics in it were stuffed

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 22:49   #4 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

yeah thats what im starting to lean towards, but yeah still it does seem to have chewed thru the fuel this week nontheless!!! got any xf instrument clusters lyin round peuty? haha

Old 09-21-2004, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Slammed XF

i have an xf ute mines a 4.1 carby and i get about 350kms on a full tank of fuel thats normal everyday driving. Although i dont really drive fuel economically.
slammedxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 23:26   #6 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

I get 400kms around town. (that's gone in a week) and I get around 600kms on the highway.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf_dude
yeah thats what im starting to lean towards, but yeah still it does seem to have chewed thru the fuel this week nontheless!!! got any xf instrument clusters lyin round peuty? haha
I used to. I do have an AU one however, but thats no use to you.

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:36   #8 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

you dont say LOL

Old 09-23-2004, 17:59   #9 (permalink)

change your dash,as i had the exact same problem,but it took me a pump,sensor and all the fiddly fuel things to realise the problem,i use to drive 700 k's easily on my tank dunno why but it was telling me b.s on the dash but i ran it till i needed to and yes sometimes i ran out by misjudging the fuel..

damn hills :(
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 18:07   #10 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

im really leaning towards that, where could i get a new dash from, would the ford place do it? hmmmm its sorta clear to me now when i pulled up at the fuel servo yesterday and while the dash said it was still almost a quarter full, upon opening the fuel cap got that hardcore sucking sound it makes when almost empty lol hmm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons