Cobra Bathurst Globes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 23:56   #1 (permalink)

Cobra Bathurst Globes

Hi all

OK, one more time. The Bathurst Globes on the XC Cobras had no raised lip on them, right. They were flat and wheel weights could not be attached to them.

Could someone please post a pic of a globe on a Cobra.

THANKS!
XC Coupe 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 00:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cobra Bathurst Globes

No picture,but they had 1978 stamped on the back of them if this helps.
Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 00:59   #3 (permalink)

There is a set on ebay at the moment 4 sale with pics
Australia,s 1st V8 muscle car
BA PURSUIT Citric Acid ,leather,manual,premium,stripes
99 Harley Davidson Springer softail custom :badass
4 sale
Genuine 5 slots painted centers NEW chrome rims 14x6 &14x7 new potenza tyres & genuine caps
$3000.00
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:23   #4 (permalink)
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!

They did'nt have 1978 stamped on all of them, they had the date that they were made stamped on the back, being the year in a circle and a number of dots around the circle representing the month of casting. The Globes on my COBRA were stamped/casted in MAY 1976, my Cobra's No. is 207 and my mate's Cobra has Feb 1972 stamped on his Globes.

And yes you are correct the real Globes don't have the lip around the shoulder/rim of the front of ther wheel.

Hope this help's.

Cheer's

Nathan.
COBRA207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA207
They did'nt have 1978 stamped on all of them, they had the date that they were made stamped on the back, being the year in a circle and a number of dots around the circle representing the month of casting. The Globes on my COBRA were stamped/casted in MAY 1976, my Cobra's No. is 207 and my mate's Cobra has Feb 1972 stamped on his Globes.

And yes you are correct the real Globes don't have the lip around the shoulder/rim of the front of ther wheel.

Hope this help's.

Cheer's

Nathan.
Your mate with the "72 yr ones on his Cobra, did he make the centre hole bigger to fit the hub because the early Globes ("72") had a smaller centre and therefore won't fit an XC style Hub???.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:10   #6 (permalink)

Here is pic of globe on my Cobra, original globes fitted to Cobra's were date stamped 78 and had the large centres to fit XC hubs. It is possible over the years that original globes were removed from the car and later replaced with different dated ones.

brudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:44   #7 (permalink)
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!

I'm 100% positive that the Globes on my COBRA and the Globes on mates are the factory item, what makes me so sure, they are factory stamped with the cars build number aswell, so NO neither of the wheel sets have been replaced over the years.

Cheer's

Nathan.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:15   #8 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA207
I'm 100% positive that the Globes on my COBRA and the Globes on mates are the factory item, what makes me so sure, they are factory stamped with the cars build number aswell, so NO neither of the wheel sets have been replaced over the years.

Cheer's

Nathan.
And your sure they are stamped "72, that's interesting.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:11   #9 (permalink)

Nathan,

It is dificult to know the exact history of a car unless it has been owned by the one person since new. Original factory Globe wheels were not factory stamped with the cars build number. Yours being stamped with the car build number could have been done for security reasons by previous owner.

The wheels you have are factory as they are flat lipped and have the cast date. Factory Globes were available for many years however the date cast on them is usually matched to the year the cars they were fitted too were built.

In any case no matter what year they are cast fatory globes are worth heaps 2.5K + for a good set.
brudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 23:58   #10 (permalink)
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudek
Nathan,

It is dificult to know the exact history of a car unless it has been owned by the one person since new. Original factory Globe wheels were not factory stamped with the cars build number. Yours being stamped with the car build number could have been done for security reasons by previous owner.

The wheels you have are factory as they are flat lipped and have the cast date. Factory Globes were available for many years however the date cast on them is usually matched to the year the cars they were fitted too were built.

In any case no matter what year they are cast fatory globes are worth heaps 2.5K + for a good set.
Your correct there mate I spoke the first owner of my COBRA today, and he told me that the first thing that he did when he got it home was take the wheels off and have them stamped with the build number. This allso confirms that these are the original wheel's that the car came out with and since I'm only the third owner I allso spoke to the bloke that I bought the car of and he too said that the wheels had not been changed in the time that he owned it.

As with my mate's car he is only the second owner of it and his uncle was the first, he told me that neither him nor his uncle have ever changed the wheels, and that they are stamped with 1972, perhapse Ford machined them before they were fitted prior to being run out of the factory. Ask around I'm sure his are not the only early 70's stamped Globes that are on a Cobra.

Cheer's

Nathan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons