Ford Forums banner

Comparing BA chips

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Heef101 
#1 ·
Unichip is certainly sounding like a good option, as everyone is talking it up.
How does it compare to other chips on the market? eg. the Powerchip they were trying to sell me at Autobarn.
Anyone had experience with chips other than Unichip?
(cause i'm this close to buying Unichip!)

#2 ·
Heef101 said:
How does it compare to other chips on the market? eg. the Powerchip they were trying to sell me at Autobarn.
A powerchip is a generic chip written and based on a "best guess" from the supplier.

A unichip is programmed in realtime, and the results speak for themselves.
Fastest N/A Boss in Aust
304 RWKW cammed GTP.

Give Peter at APS a call, you will not be dissapointed.

#3 ·
Heef101 said:
hi Heef101, i have had a Xede chip once on BA XR8, had it replaced by a Unichip fitted and tuned by APS in Melbourne, much better car to drive, pulls better though out the rev range, not just at the top end was a different car to drive.. most people get fuel saving to...
what model car do you have?
if your looking for a dealer go here full list.
www.airpowersystems.com.au

#4 ·
XRFPV8 said:
hi Heef101, i have had a Xede chip once on BA XR8, had it replaced by a Unichip fitted and tuned by APS in Melbourne, much better car to drive, pulls better though out the rev range, not just at the top end was a different car to drive.. most people get fuel saving to...
what model car do you have?
if your looking for a dealer go here full list.
www.airpowersystems.com.au
Have a BA XR6. Went and saw the local Unichip dealer in Cairns the other day. Have heard good reports about his workmanship although he wants to charge me $1400 for the chip and i here it's too much compared to other dealers down south. Might get a price from Townsville and go down there for a cruise.

Just wasn't sure how other chip compared with Unichip. Thanks for your info :)

#5 ·
we have another member here named XRchic she is very happy with her Unichip send her a PM i am sure she will answer any question about here expirence with the BA 6...

#6 ·
$1400 is about right for the hardware and a real time tune. That is not excessive.

However you might want to read more about the SCT Flash as well. Not saying its better or worse, but it certainly has a lot of capabilities that unichip doesn't. Then again APS are working on their own flash/editor and will be out in the new year. So a lot to think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.