Ford Forums banner

Condensation

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Troutman 
G
#1 ·
I think you have all seen it or experienced it... The dreaded condensation in your lights. My front left headlight has condensation in it, I opened it up and dried it out and everything but it still has it and the reflectors are getting dull and rusty in places. I think it might have something to do with the gasket maybe? But that's not my main problem. I have condensation in my brake lights, on the LTD they're the ones attached to the body on the sides, not the centre part on the boot. is there any way to dry them out or anything because they look shocking. If there is no way, then anybody know how much a replacement costs? Thanks...

Alex

#2 ·
This may not help much, but I had a similar experience recently. I was bothered by the fact that one of my headlights was slightly duller than the other. Taking Sundeep's advice, I tried to take off the clips and clean it, but found it had been cheaply repaired after a previous accident or something. It wasn't even properly airtight.

Some guy in the Trading Post was selling good headlights for $40 each, so I grabbed one of those and haven't looked back (not that I've even driven the car since then. hehe).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.