Cops found my car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2003, 22:18   #1 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Thumbs up Cops found my car

Yes got the call today, cops found my car apparently intact down at Nerang (about an hour down the coast from where it was stolen)

Sketchy details for the moment, i wont get it till monday after its towed to the smash repairers (for assessment) after the cops do their fingerprint shit etc etc.....but i do know its missing the stereo (dunno bout amp and sub cos they havent opened the boot) and the locks/ignition barrel are stuffed. Im looking forward to the inspections, will make sure it comes back A1.....

Im worried that it got flogged, the auto prolly wouldnt have taken it too well, nor would have the rear brakes if it was used for skids etc. not to mention the possible damage from gutters, potholes etc etc.....will find out in good time

Appears to have been used by some scum as a means to get home, stereo stolen then dumped.....extractors and exhaust still there (woo hoo) Im a little annoyed (a wee little bit) it was found, cos 8 grand was going to buy me something special, and now i gotta fork out for rego (due in a weeks time) a $350 excess and who knows how much stuffing around getting it all fixed....

And i gotta get the rust done too.....

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2003, 22:31   #2 (permalink)
Ford Nut

Re: Cops found my car

well thats good that it was found. one of my worst fears is someone stealing my falcon as i cant afford insurance and if it got flogged i'd be fukd for transportation to and from work.
Old 07-03-2003, 22:39   #3 (permalink)
jjj

I thought it would turn up, my first car was stolen about 5years ago in brisbane by some homeless guy who was using it as a house during winter. Turned up 3weeks later in a hospital carpark, all that was missing was a pearl jam tape. Will the insurance company cover you if your engine has been flogged, how can you prove this to them?
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 22:40   #4 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

simply by the number of kays on the clock.......and how can the insurance company disprove your claims??? The engine was only rebuilt about 40,000k ago, im not expecting dramas there....more worried bout gearbox and diff.

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Old 07-03-2003, 23:07   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Well better than starting again.
Good to see it was found, now you can do the tibbe lock fitting, and tell us how it goes, see if you can wangle for insurance to pay for it, as ford dont stock EA basic locks, and wrecker ones will be as bad as what was there.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 00:12   #6 (permalink)
EB wagon

Good to hear Garth. I dont think they would have gotten up it at all.
They would know the cops were lookin for the plates and they wouldnt want to attract any more attention especially with a loud exhaust. Different if it was found in inala in some bushes!

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 00:48   #7 (permalink)
Gimo_1

Well i guess it is good news and bad news, depending on if you wanted to get a new car or not.
Hopefully it isnt too far gone beyond repair.
Old 07-04-2003, 00:58   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Glad to hear it has been recovered in one piece. A friend had an immaculate XF Ghia which got stolen, but despite appearing OK when found, it had so much damage to the undercarriage etc that it was written off. :sad: Hope that isn't the case with you.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:27   #9 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Yes....playing more of a waiting game now! All should be revealed monday/tuesday.....
And yes, tibbe locks are my first point of call, as is a new immobiliser. Found one with paging function as well as remote start for about $450...

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Old 07-04-2003, 02:05   #10 (permalink)

good to hear you got your car back all the best with the insurance company.
kiwi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons