Cost of a new paint job? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2004, 21:04   #1 (permalink)

Cost of a new paint job?

Not sure if this is on the right forum..

Whats a good estimate for a completely new, well done, paint job on an XB Coupe?

It would be probably just white or red, maybe orange, if that makes any difference.. nothing fancy.
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2004, 21:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cost of a new paint job?

Check out my coupe

My Vivid Blue XB Coupe.(Respray Done!)

I just got it back. I paid 4500 for paint/panel/rust fix/ in 2 pac pearl paint.... might give you a ruff idea.

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 21:36   #3 (permalink)

Holy crap :(

That's expensive..
Old 10-04-2004, 21:37   #4 (permalink)

But it looks GREAT :)
Old 10-04-2004, 21:47   #5 (permalink)

sounds expensive ... but most pay around 6000 for as much work as i got done. Well worth it in the end.

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 22:19   #6 (permalink)

you can find some cheap guy to paint your car for like 1500-2000 but if you want a good job you have to pay for it
i rubbed back mny whole car and did all the repairs and brought the paint and the guy charges me 3,000 to actaully paint the car!
my mate is getting his XY painted and repaired and he was quaoted 10-13k
frdpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 22:56   #7 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon-DT
Holy crap :(

That's expensive..

Mate, if you think $4500 is expensive for a paint job i'd give up the whole project dream right now. It's like anything, you get what you pay for. If you want a shit job you'll pay bugger all only to have to redo it again in 6 months or sell the thing at a loss just to walk away from it. It's called a jam job!

Reading these threads of late there seems to be no shortage of members suggesting a fantasic coupe for less than $10000. Dream on. Either their idea of a good car and my idea of a good car are worlds aparts or maybe they know something I don't.

Take it from someone who has built more project cars than you've had wet dreams about them, if you want quality you have to pay, and plenty, and I'm fortunate enough to have mates in every facet of car building.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 23:13   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Mate, if you think $4500 is expensive for a paint job i'd give up the whole project dream right now.

I'm not thinking about starting a 'dream project' at the moment lol.. I just want a nice looking XB/C, and was wondering if I could buy one cheap, and then spray it for not a huge amount ($2000 for a good job)

But I guess not, so I'll just shop around till I find a color I don't mind.

I'm only 18, work in a servo, when I get a new and better job, then I'll start my dream project
Old 10-05-2004, 04:44   #9 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

the paint job on my xe is $4000 worth

we got mums old xd painted (we done ALL the body) the painter only needed to spray it, cost $1000 (but we didnt pay) as the paint was F'd

another job we had done was $3000 (we paid half) and after 4 weeks the paint was PEELING OFF! from then on, we do OUR OWN SPRAYING

my car was painted by a panel beater (famiy friend) for himself, but decided to sell it, and i picked it up cheap... (well still gotta pay for the car)

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:31   #10 (permalink)

I will paint It for $2000g's in a solid colour for ya if your in melbourne , And I do top work !! PM me if you want details ..
ford_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons