Ford Forums banner

coupe door hinges

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  XC Coupe 78 
#1 ·
Hi all

The doors on my coupe seem to hang so that i have to lift them in order to shut the doors properly. Is this due to the door hinges being bent? is this common?

thanks

#3 ·
It's the bushes are worn.The original bushes are nylon and wear out..There are bronze bushes available to replace them + new pins if you need them.The hinges are easily pulled apart to fit the bushes..Any of the places that stock GT parts will have them or rarespares.

#5 ·
XC Coupe 78 said:
ah k. so its not the actual hinges that are bent, just the bushes need replacing...

thanks.
After fitting your new bushes as such, one thing you can do is to adjust the striker plate so the door is actually supported by the plate when it is shut. This may not be to your liking but something to think about.

Paul

#6 ·
After fitting your new bushes as such, one thing you can do is to adjust the striker plate so the door is actually supported by the plate when it is shut. This may not be to your liking but something to think about.

Yeah i see where your coming from. That sounds like a good preventative measure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.