Coupe question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2004, 20:03   #1 (permalink)

Coupe question

Has anyone used the Rare Spares rear window rubber on an XA-XC coupe?I have heard that it may not be a correct fit and I am a bit hesitant to get one.(Not that there is any alternative!)
Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2004, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Coupe question

Rare spares AFIK buy most of the moulds etc from the car manufacturer for the older cars, as well as excess stock, so you may actually get an original part, but I believe most of the re-production parts is done in tiawan or something, although using original moulds, I am sure they are copies of the original moulds and not as good as original standards, but up to you, I bought reproduction 73 cortina door rubbers (many years ago), they fitted perfect and no-issue.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:47   #3 (permalink)

I got my XA coupe rear window seal from GT Ford Performance in Melbourne. While it was a good fit the spray painters said that refitting was a bugger of a job, but they got it in. Apparently it is a really difficult job and always has been.

I can recommend the GT Ford Performance boys tho - high quality gear (think the seal cost $120)
superbird302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:42   #4 (permalink)

I got mine from Bill Thompson Automotive rubber in Ringwood and it fitted in OK although the guys that did it said it was touch & go with the trims. They have done a number of coupes over the years so experience was a help.
brudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:29   #5 (permalink)

Guys,is it true that the rubbers sold by Bill Thompson,GT Performance & others are just Rare Spares rubbers in a different bag?Someone told me that all the rubbers come from the same source.
Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons