crap fuel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 16:16   #1 (permalink)

crap fuel

Anyone had probs with fuel? I filled up my xr6t with cheap woolies premium and the car drove like a tank. Couldnt believe the loss of power. Even back fired when starting...could have been a bad batch but Im not gonna risk it again for the sake of a few $$!
KAMIKAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 16:26   #2 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

I went to a BP servo last Sunday.. I thought... not a dodgy independant servo, I might go there. It was also a couple a cents cheaper than anywhere. Filled up the old girl with unleaded and then PING PING PING PING and also ran like a dog. Didn't idle etc.

Hmm .. Oh well, back to Shell and Mobil from now on
Old 03-09-2003, 17:40   #3 (permalink)

I wouldn't put anything other than BP ultimate or Shell optimax in my car anyway, not these days!
Old 03-09-2003, 18:55   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I go to no where else but shell, they have got signs on their bowers saying no ethleyne (bugger the spelling). I don't trust anyone else especially BP, a mate has been going there for non stop 5 years, got a real bad batch of fuel, stuffed his car completly, he'll never go there again, a shell convert!!
Old 03-09-2003, 20:01   #5 (permalink)

i only have a crap meteor, getting my turbo on thursday, but i had all these problems with my car struggling to idle and stalling on me and running like an old dog, took it for a full service and they couldn't find much at all, they actually just thought the idling thing had to be changed to make it idle higher, if that makes sense. then a few days later there was a piece in the paper that the local safeway servo had been fines for crap fuel, so i go to no where but mobil, never had a problem since, the car runs like a dream, i'll be running the mobil 9000 or whatever its called on the turbo when i get it... never again will i go to a small chain of servos or to a safeway servo. my car is worth more than 2c of a litre!
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 14:05   #6 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Never fill up anywhere but Shell, BP or Mobil only.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 16:41   #7 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

I got a very dodgey batch at a MOBIL in west subs sydney about a year back! Never went there again!

Funnily enough theres a servo near me and I swear whenever I use it I get 50 KM or so better distance out of a tank then any other fill (just using ULP not PULP), and its a mobil too, so go figure.

OUt of interest I get about 550-600 KM from a 60-65 litre fill, bog stndard el gli 6 wagon. combination city preakhour, freeway running and hill climbs (live in blue mountains). And I like to "give it a bit".
Have seen as little as about 400 and as good as over 700 (dunno how I managed that!)
"Lightning Strike" XT-Sports, Barra182 auto, 17" 7-spoke alloys, Sports IRS, body kit, Spoiler, Cruise, Premium Audio with mp3, Power Windows all round, Darkest tinted glass, Chrome scuff plate inserts, Phone presenter, Pollen filter, Towpack, Boot liner, 4 Mudspats, Slimline white numberplates.
CLICK HERE!
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 18:23   #8 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Anyone got any opinions on wether Mobil Synergy 8000 (I think thats the High Octane offering from them) is any better than Shell Optimax??
Old 03-11-2003, 23:04   #9 (permalink)

i've heard optimax isn't as good as mobil, but i haven't used there pulp yet, i will when i get my ute though...
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:52   #10 (permalink)

I think if the fuels are both a true 98 octane, there should be no difference at all.

The European standard for ULP is 95 RON (91 here) and in Japan PULP is 100 RON (95 here), and then we have the "premium" petrols at 98 RON, (Optimx, Synergy etc), so there is no real world-standard for petrol.

You should get more "bang for your buck" on 98 RON.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons