Ford Forums banner

Damaged Ba's

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PURSUTE 
#1 ·
What is going to happen with Ba's that need that panel replaced where the compliance stickers go. It will happen surely you can't drive around with no compliance sticker (plate) on the car.

#4 ·
BUMP.....

Luke, how did you get new stickers???? I pranged my ute in the R/H front, and had to get new stickers. I was told by both the repairer and Ford that the stickers will not be available for some 6 months!!

Now I need to sell my car and everyone looks at me like I stole it when they see that I have to carry my compliance stickers in an envelope.

Any info on how you got them would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
being a Turbo, PURSUTE I think you may struggle with that one considering it's such a stealable car... mind you I see no reason why Ford shouldn't cover you within a matter of days.

#7 ·
Just an update.

I traded the car in last week, and it ended up back at the dealer who originally sold it to me. I went in today for some stuff for my new ute, and asked the used car guy about the stickers. He was told by Ford that it is illegal to re-manufacture compliance plates in Australia, and that there is no way to get them replaced.

I must say I'm fairly relieved that I won't have to deal with it now, sounds like a real pain in the proverbial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.