Ford Forums banner

Differences AU2 & AU3

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  baxr6na 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to purchase a Falcon in the not to distant future. Unsure if I want an AU or BA yet.

So what are the major differences between the S2 & S3 AU sedans?

#2 ·
The AUlll is a latter modle...

#3 ·
Series III has clear side indicators and side skirts. It really depends which model you want, if your looking for Forte - Series III came with ABS, and colour coded mirror/door strips.

Otherwise the rest of the models were pretty much the same except for wheel design changes and the clear indicators and side skirts. Some of the trims in the Fairmont / Futuras changed aswell.

#4 ·
As what baxr6na has mentioned, Series III also has the dot print windscreen. Oh you get the sporty Chrome Series III badge on the right side of the number plate in the boot lid.

As far as i'm aware no suspension alterations were done between series II/III.

#5 ·
There were a few changes on the XR models, but those changes were introduced before the Series II ended sometime around June01, while series III came out end of October 01. The most notible change on the Series III XR was the optional Racing Kit which came on the XR8 - was the same as the AU II Rebel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.