Door Handles - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2002, 13:59   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Door Handles

Just wondering how much a set of those glossy black door handles are from the wreckers? My drivers side one is ****ed and is about to break off

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2002, 14:59   #2 (permalink)
Brent79

Ed, have you considered painting yer old ones? They come up quite nice with a good coating of clear top coat. And would cost you about $30 to do em.

Brent
Old 05-17-2002, 15:40   #3 (permalink)
ex ea driver

if its an EA dont bother doin ur stock ones, they look shit(sorry to the ppl that have done it) new ED door handels r $12 traid so shit all, and painting well it depends on who u want to get to do it, but i've found my new door handels look sweet now that there colour coded. :)
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 16:13   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I have painted ED door handles as well - the cost from Ford is $17.50 each, which is less than what I would have expected.

Anyway, Bass Crazy and others have sanded the EA handles to be smooth, which is just as good as buying ED ones.

I don't know if ED and EB handles are the same, but the handle bit was actually grey on the ones I got from Ford, so would need some kind of painting anyway..

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 18:03   #5 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Thanks guys, the drivers side handle is actually ****ed, damn embarassing having to go through the passenger side and winding down the window or jumping over the centre console just to get in. So I thought if I can just pick up a set of those glossy black ones it'd save alot of trouble and ****en round painting them.

Ed

TQE's
Old 05-17-2002, 18:13   #6 (permalink)
ex ea driver

yer, sounds like a good idea, but u can also get the glossy black ones from ford just thought i would tell ya that, i dont know weather they would b ne more expensiver.... but i'm sure second hand ones would look sweet :)
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 20:40   #7 (permalink)
Brent79

I would colour code em tho - makes yer car look sweet!
But i spose it depends on the colour of yer car tho.

Brent
Old 05-19-2002, 17:53   #8 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Well I went to the wreckers, asked about some door handles and got really excited cos he started goin on about how they got a few maroon EA-EDs out the back with colour coded handles and he said $40 for a set. Well I had a look and all of the damn things had the crappy dull black ones. So I just bought a black one cos the one on it now is ****ed.

What would be the best way to paint the handles I have now, they are all that dull grey colour. I'm also gonna paint the mirrors, the black thing under the windscreen, the windscreen washer jet things on the bonnet and I've just finished sanding this aftermarket gear shifter I've got which I'm gonna paint the same colour as the car. Would sanding them back, spraying them in the colour I want, then give em a few coats of clear coat be enough so that it wont come off??

Ed

TQE's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons