Ford Forums banner

Drove a BA XR8 today

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JG33 
#1 ·
The others that have test driven the XR8 have described it pretty well overall I just want to say the the 5.4 I think is the best engine Ford has brought out since the Cleveland.
Don't get me wrong the Windsor is a good engine but the Modular engine is just amazing, that thing hammers without even trying and when performance parts becomes available this engine will have the potential to produce some serious horsepower.

#5 ·
JG33, assuming you are experienced and familar with the GT clevo 351, as far as the 'feeling' of torque and power goes, how did the XR8 compare IYO? For a while I owned a XBGT 4V as well as my AU XR8 (before I modified it), and as smooth and refined as the XR was, the torque and overall power 'feeling' just wasn't the same.

Have Ford found it again you think?

#6 ·
CDAA said:
JG33, assuming you are experienced and familar with the GT clevo 351, as far as the 'feeling' of torque and power goes, how did the XR8 compare IYO??
I never have owned a GT so I can't compare and maybe it's better to compare a BA GT to the GT's of old but I have had many Fords with 351's and some were modified one was a GXL with 300rwhp and as comparing that to the XR8 , it's close but the Modular does it effortlessly, that's the feeling I get.

CDAA said:
For a while I owned a XBGT 4V as well as my AU XR8 (before I modified it), and as smooth and refined as the XR was, the torque and overall power 'feeling' just wasn't the same.
and rightly so

XBGT 4V
224KW@5400rpm
515nm@3400rpm

AU3 XR8
220kw@5250rpm
435nm@4000rpm

CDAA said:
Have Ford found it again you think?
Oh yeah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.