Dual Fuel On Ba Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2003, 02:27   #1 (permalink)
MERTON

cool Dual Fuel On Ba Falcon

For thos of you asking about dual fuel on the BA . I have to tell you I have now done 40,000 KMS in my BA XT Falcon with a dual fuel Impco system on it and not had one bit of trouble .. I do a lot of country trips and getting great performance and economy ^Best I have got on a tank of autogas is 602km on country run to Mildura and back. Around city I am getting an average of 430 kms .. the consumption is pretty much the same for petrol. I have an engine warranty that came with the conversion covering the engine and was supplied by a company named Victorian Autogas Supplies in Melbourne .

Don't know what all the fuss is about my previous AU did over 200,000 kms on dual fuel again with and Impco system on it and never had a problem.

Sam Merton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2003, 03:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: Dual Fuel On Ba Falcon

Thanks for the info. Just some questions, please...
What size (usable) is the LPG tank?
Does it eat up much of the boot space?
Is the LPG fuel filler shared behind petrol flap?
Do you still have a full sized petrol tank?
and lastly..Did the ride height drop by much with the LPG tank as BA's ride lower than previous Falcons? Hope you don't mind the homework?

cheers

Curls.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
MERTON

cool Dual Fuel BA Falcon

Hi Curls,
To answer your questions the tanks is a round one that goes in the spare wheel well of the boot and the spare wheel is held in place flat in the boot. I lose a bit of boot space but I get 68 lts of LPG plus the original tank of petrol so I have big range especially good for when I head out from Mildura towards Broken Hill.
The LPG filler is in the same pocket as the petrol filler.
Regarding ride height didnt notice any significant change as the car has the optional extra sports pack on it so it sit lower than the normal stock standard XT I rarely carry anymore than one extra passenger and a bit of luggage.

No problem to answer your questions buddy

Regards
Sam
Old 09-16-2003, 04:27   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback.
Decided not to fit LPG on our Futura wagon because we would never do the Km's to make the long term savings and needed as much cargo space as possible. My VW Transporter van uses the older triple "scuba" tanks of earlier Falcons and I'm lucky to reach 60Lt on a cold Melbourne night and can only stretch to 350km if all freeway driving.

Thanks again.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 17:13   #5 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

MERTON> If you don't mind me asking:
- Where did you get it fitted?
- How much was it fitted?
- Does the LP Gas fuel gauge interface with the existing gauge and Trip Computer?
Old 09-18-2003, 17:10   #6 (permalink)
MERTON

Hi Brett, Sorry slow responding but been away up country for couple days. Dual fuel system was fitted by A1 Gas & Mechanical Service in Melverton Drive Hallam.
Cost inc GST $2805 & fuel gauge for lpg interfaced to petrol gauge and trip computer.

regards
Sam Merton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons