Dunlop or Bridgstone? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
JG33

Dunlop or Bridgstone?

I will in be the market shortly for new tyres for my AUII XR6. It has factory fitted TS50 17" rims on it. I've been recomended to use both the Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyre and the Dunlop SP Sport 3000A tyre. Not really to sure which way to go, so any recomendations on how both these tyres perform would be great.
YellowFireXAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2006, 03:45   #2 (permalink)
nhanst

Re: Dunlop or Bridgstone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFireXAGT
I will in be the market shortly for new tyres for my AUII XR6. It has factory fitted TS50 17" rims on it. I've been recomended to use both the Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyre and the Dunlop SP Sport 3000A tyre. Not really to sure which way to go, so any recomendations on how both these tyres perform would be great.
Have you looked at other brands I run Falken 19 Azzenas and are very happy
with there performance..
Old 01-13-2006, 03:52   #3 (permalink)
JG33

nhanst, it has those tyres on it atm and they are "SCARY" in the wet. They lose grip without any warning. It's like your driving on your toes in the wet. I couldnt go through another winter driving like that again. Maybe my tyres were just lemons.
YellowFireXAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:01   #4 (permalink)
Southern Coupe

I had potenzas on my old Integra, it had massive amounts of grip no matter what the sitch - dry, wet, even in dodgy icy conditions which is quite common where i live.

Yes it is a completely different setup - front versus rear wheel drive, but one thing is for sure i would rather have oversteer than understeer and i can only say positive things bout the potenza.
CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:29   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

bridgestone potenza GIII 's all the way!!!
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 18:54   #6 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Go the Potenza's, they are a great tyre.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 18:40   #7 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFireXAGT
nhanst, it has those tyres on it atm and they are "SCARY" in the wet. They lose grip without any warning. It's like your driving on your toes in the wet. I couldnt go through another winter driving like that again. Maybe my tyres were just lemons.
not lemons mate. i had a set of falkens on my gt-p mags when i bought them. they were absolute rubbish. even when they were only a few weeks old i had real traction issues in the wet. and to make matters worse they wore out VERY quickly.

now with the potenzas no such issue. the car feels like it is on rails!! they are awesome.

i had a set of them on my ea before the ba and i loved them on that too. all the grip you need on a road car with the durability ahead of the SO3 (the top bridgestone tyre)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 19:15   #8 (permalink)

YELLOW FIRE XA GT I have only one recommendation, go for yokohama ES100. Well priced and very underrated tyre that exceeds all expectations.

Me and Mr NOBOSS drive our cars as if they are stolen and mate these tyres are the 'ducks nuts'. Their rolling resistance is second to non and are a perfect compromise between road grip and wear.

I've got standard dunlops at the moment and am very disappointed.
t2te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons