Ford Forums banner

E-Gas 4.0L engines

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JEM 
#1 ·
I'm trying to convince the boss at work to buy BA Utes in a month or so, instead of more Toyota Hiace Vans. So far I have this:

BA, is cheaper, faster, looks better, just plain better, safer, higher re-sale, better stereo.

My question is this. What is the E-gas option? Is it a gas only option? It only adds about $900 to the standard price, but there's no mention of power output.

If I can find out about the gas, this should push him over the edge (and push me into a BA!!)

Thanks

#2 ·
E-gas is the new dedicated gas engine. Designed ground up to run on gas etc. The power output is 156kw at 3 grand or so and the torque figure is pretty healthy. The exact figures have been mentioned on the forum or you could find out directly from ford or their website

#3 ·
There is a e-gas barra at work that i get to drive quite regularly. It's a great drive, and am very impressed with the handling and road holding ability of these new falcons, and my experience is only in the XT. The GAS only version is a little sluggish off the line, but in no time she gets up and going as long as its planted.:s6:

The smoothness and quietness of these things are great.

I can't wait for my own...:whiskey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.