Easter shutdown at Ford? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 23:52   #1 (permalink)

Easter shutdown at Ford?

Heard a whisper that Ford & or FPV are closed for the week following Easter?... Can anyone confirm?... If this is the case , someone up in the ivory tower has totally lost the plot! Sick to death of all the lame excuses Re: late delivery.... And now THIS..... Faaaarrrkkk!
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2003, 01:03   #2 (permalink)

The only reason for a late delivery would be because of your position in the queue of the production schedule. In my own cars case, signed the contract 8/1/2003, took delivery 24/2/2003. Bear in mind my car was a wagon and although fully optioned apart from gas, the dealer was able to pull another car in the system for THEM and add to it my options thereby speeding things up for me. If this was not possible then I would have waited far longer. Once you're allocated your SIDO I don't think "your" car would be given to someone else putting you further back in the list. At the moment everything built is sold. Not what you want to hear however increased sales will allow for money for R&D and therefore a better falcon down the track.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:25   #3 (permalink)

"Curls"... I run and own a business.. And if I treated my clientle with the same disregard, misinformation & broken promises, that Ford & FPV are giving me, I'd be a bloody "NON Business"!!.. I have had a Pursuit on order since Nov ... I also have an XR6T sedan ( which , I'm pretty impressed with)...MY bitch here IS Ford shutting for 10 days, over Easter, which seems ridiculas, given the backlog!!.. My veins run trueblue blood... But, come on...What in the hell are these guys on , to be shutting down, when the opportunity is there to knock GM off their pedastal? Call me cynical, whatever!.. At the moment I am totally disillusioned.... ( They ARE wearing me down!.. sick of the comment "when's your ute coming")
Old 04-11-2003, 15:23   #4 (permalink)

We ordered our V8 Fairmont Ghia in early February - we won't even have a SIDO for another 4 weeks and are looking at a June delivery date now.

If they do shut down the factory with this kind of waiting list, you have to wonder at the business sense of Senior Management.

People will only wait so long before they decide that a 4 month wait for a car with 1 or 2 options is not reasonable.

BTW - has anyone heard of problems with sunroofs in the BA ? Allegedly, this is part of the reason for the delay with our car.

cheers

Slime
slime124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 15:33   #5 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

Who are you hearing this from? You said it yourself, you heard a "whisper". Try not get to huffy and puffy over what could be just a whisper.

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

i can understand you guys being pissed off but you must remember that these guys/gals have been working flat out for a while now....while robots are everywhere there still is human beings behind them.

but im sure if ford payed there employees a bit more over the easter break they would do it ;-)

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 00:32   #7 (permalink)

Charliewool I know you are running out of patience but after driving a Blueprint Pursuit 290 for a few hours the other day you will be a VERY happy and VERY lucky man. That vehicle is awesome!!!!!!

.........patience is a virtue a virtue we must strive to attain

OR .....good things come to those that wait.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 04:19   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Down eleven days over easter, but that includes easter public holidays and anzac day. Non public holiday days will be used to convert the production line for Territory production.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 05:38   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Grimace
Charliewool I know you are running out of patience but after driving a Blueprint Pursuit 290 for a few hours the other day you will be a VERY happy and VERY lucky man. That vehicle is awesome!!!!!!

.........patience is a virtue a virtue we must strive to attain

OR .....good things come to those that wait.
Grimace, Thanks for your consoling words!( appreciated!... And the pursuit was ok, eh?)... reading the next thread, I see the reasoning behind their shutdown... I imagine a plant of this magnitude has to allocate time for R&M.. Not to mention new model toolup?... ( still pisses me off, But , I'll cope! lol)
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 07:18   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Charliewool
"Curls"... I run and own a business..
Err so do I, in manufacturing as well, where I order in raw materials and produce a finished product or 40. Some of my suppliers are shut from Thurday 17 April and re-open Monday 28 April. It's cost me plenty to stock up to cover the close down of others. I could bitch but no-one would care.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons