Ford Forums banner

eb/ed prices

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  NARCEA 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

What's the going price at the moment for a stock either EB (multipoint) or ED at the moment. Reasonable condition, but no mods. Just after the base model.

Cheers,
Ian

#2 ·
You Can Get Them Anywhere From About $700 To About 5500. Depends On People Selling, Can Get Them Really Cheap. Just Picked A Eb Fairmont For 1300. In Real Good Nick And All The Fairmont Goodies

#3 ·
I bought December last year an eb series II Fairmont. I bought it with 115,000km, 3mnths reg n no roadworthy for $5,000.

the thing with mine is it has ABS and someother nifty little things within it. I bought it off some old lady, so by that its understanble on why the car has so many trolley dents on it.

But overall its been a great car. They couldn't pick anything on the roadworthy. But its recently gone a bit up the shits. A grany hit me, and its quite clearly her fault but her insurance makes it look like its mine. Just because im 20 and on my p's doesn't mean a phsyco behind the wheel. So telling you guys now, piss AAMI off as they are money hungry bastards (soz for my language) and go for someone else. I've been told wit RACV you get the right service, but pay for it. Anyway ill stop dabling.

Bill.

#5 ·
NARCEA said:
Hi guys,

What's the going price at the moment for a stock either EB (multipoint) or ED at the moment. Reasonable condition, but no mods. Just after the base model.

Cheers,
Ian
go the auctions dude,as we know there only falcons and parts are cheap as chips and you'll pick up a decent fairmont with all the trimmings for about 2.5k well i picked my fairmont wagon with 180k on the clock for 2k you caqnt really go wrong and it got a roady with nothing haven to be done to it,clean as a whistle but a base model would go for practly nothin you could prob go for the next model up a ef or el or even au as there going at action for about 4.5k-7k really depends on the k's with em.hope ive helped.

#6 ·
Thanks for replies.
DANGERXY: where do you look for your cars- I normally use quokka, pickles, fowles, sunday times... any other suggestions? Are the collection of EBs you own on gas?

jg33gt: sorry to hear about your hassles with insurance.... they come across as your best friends when they want your money, but when you make a claim ...... they don't want to know you?

PSIWAGON: used car auctions are my port of call. Just after basic car so might look towards an ef/el.

Basically to cut a long story short I'm being killed at moment with fuel prices balanced against my lifestyle & income. So considering getting another Falcon on gas. After selling my car and getting another I don't want to run at a loss of more than $2000- I calculated with all factors remaining roughly the same, I could make that up in two years. Sad thing is I really like the EA I have at the moment, but I have to look towards the future as I'm nearly out of uni.

My choices are pretty much get a cheap multi-point stock EAII/B/D on gas and swap the bits out of my EA I want to keep, then flog that for 1000+ (I assume it's GT body kit which I don't want, and the fact it's running beautifully may keep the price up a tad).

Otherwise my other option is buy a cheap EF/EL from auction on gas and sell EA as a whole.

And my final option would be, buy a damaged EF/EL/AU from auction on gas and get my mate to put it back together, and sell EA as whole. A standard AU on gas would set me back probably $4500.

Next car on gas will see me through until I have enough money to buy something new outright. And I want a sleeper. Suggestions/comments/criticism?

Cheers,
Ian

#7 ·
Hi Ian,

If you go looking for a car on gas, expect to find a lot of dissapointing ones. When i was looking for my car, everyone that i looked at that was on gas, was not even worth the effort of looking at. I always tended to find they had not only done a lot of km's (as is expected since on gas) but interior, body, the whole works was just rough. When i looked at ones on petrol, they were not perfect, but they hadn't been driven much and also were a lot cleaner all round.

My EB is currently on petrol and i am planning on early next year to place an impco system within it. It will pay off as i plan to keep it at least for another 100,000km, or whenever i can afford a new car after buying my gt and a house.

But its upto you how you go about doing it. But if you buy one on gas, get it checked by a pro gas fitter. And make sure they are good. One thing i now know of is there should be 2 houses which come out of the gas tank. One to send the gas to the engine, and one is a release one. Can't remember why its needed, but my dad's zl didnt have the one didnt have the second hose i mentioned. The car was leaking gas into the car, nothing noticable, but could have put the car in falmes.

WITH GAS DON'T RISK IT. GET IT PROPERLY CHECKED AND MAKE SURE THAT THE SYSTEM ISN't A PIECE OF S@*T LIKE MY DAD'S WAS. SPEND YOUR TIME AND DON'T RUSH AND BYE A HEAP OF CRAP.

Bill

#8 ·
Yeah Man Quokka Is The Way To Go.
I Have Bought Shti Loads Out Of There And They're All Real Good.
You Should Look At An Ex Taxi.
And Before I Get A Pile Of Baggings That Taxis Have Been Flogged And There So Many K's. The Cars Are Well Looked After And The Gas Tends To Make The Engines Last A Long Time. Try Find One That Has Already Been Change,
There Was An Ef2 Ex Taxi Had 900k On The Clock, But A Brand New Engine And Tranny. Ran A Treat And No Signs At All For Wear. Just Get Out There And Have A Look Around. Which Uni You Go To? If You Need Any Advice Pm Me.
Good Luck

#9 ·
jg33gt- i have no experience with gas or the set up so that helped. cheers. and if that insurance company is still giving you the s*%ts, you can always appeal to the insurance ombudsman if you feel you are getting a rough time from them.

DANGERXY- funny you mention looking at ex-taxis. i tend to hold the same opinion as you on them. ive noticed a few ex-taxi els in the paper going for 3000 on gas. i'll have a look around anyway. im at curtin studying occ therapy.

thanks again guys.
ian

#10 ·
Thats Not To Bad, This One Was $1600 Would Have Been A Bargin Actually Dissapointed I Didnt Buy It.
Im At Curtin To, Doing Engineering.
Having A Bit Of A Break Now Though.

#11 ·
NARCEA said:
jg33gt-if that insurance company is still giving you the s*%ts, you can always appeal to the insurance ombudsman if you feel you are getting a rough time from them.

ian
Hi Ian,

How would i go about getting in contact with one of these Ombudsmen. I have skimmed the surface of this topic, but i am not sure where to go for one. If you good give me info on where i can get in contact with one, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Bill.

#12 ·
Hi Ian,

thanks for your help with my problem. I went to an ombudsmen and also went for further inquiries to the local police station. The polite lady saw what happened, cracked the shits and put the idiot from AAMI in his place, no more harassment from him that means. The police said they are contacting the lady who hit me, and want to ask her if she wants to be taken to court over it. I find out tommorow whether or not she really wants to go to court. But she would have to be a fool as she has been cornered.

Thanks.
Bill

#13 ·
DANGERXY that is one cheap efII.... what was the body like? Mum's got an efII and it's a nice drive, although at the moment it's got a serious miss in it. I've noticed they've dropped in price recently browsing through the sunday times.
I've decided at the moment not to rush into buying anything and I've talked myself out of an ea/b/d on gas as I figure they'll be at an age soon where they will begin to encounter issues. I'm just going to keep saving and if something pops up in the ef/l/au market that's on gas and in reasonable condition I'll buy it. I'm hoping my next car will see me through until I've got enough to buy a new one outright, which I'm guestimating will be in five to seven years. So if you hear of any bargains let me know! Are you going to ecomms (??) ball on saturday? Heard it's quite an event. My best mates studying mining engineering (I think that's what it is called) at UWA.

jg33gt- Sorry I haven't been online past few days to reply. I figure you ended up finding how to contact the ombudsman. I'm pretty sure the contact details are normally in your policy booklet. At least the police seemed somewhat helpful. I think you'll find the lady will want to avoid court at all costs. Did you have any witnesses? Hope it all works out.

Cheers guys,
ian (sleepy in front of the computer on a sunny friday morning)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.