EB Fairmont question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 22:05   #1 (permalink)

EB Fairmont question

Hi guys

My mate just bought an EB Fairmont. It's build date is 02/92 (I'm fairly certain I read that in the book that came with it, tho I might be mistaken). Reading the eafalcon website, it mentions that ABS didn't come on the Fairmonts till April. However, this has ABS and power everything. Is it possible it's a series 2? (How do I tell). Picked the car up for a steal, $3100, everything works apart from the areial.

Also, the gearbox has missed 4 gear twice now (auto). From researching on here and elsewhere, it looks like it could either be the solenoid or an electrical issue. Any idea on cost to fix?

Thanks
DaLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Look out for 4.0 badges on the front guards - these are the series IIs, whereas the original had no engine size badges.

Also please note the difference between a car's month or production, and launch month. The EA was launched in February 1988, yet there are a few cars built in late '87 in the Club.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 04:07   #3 (permalink)
Damien28

Another way to tell which was how i found out about mine is that if you look in the boot under the Parcel Shelf in between the 6 inch speakers there will be a factory hole for a 10 inch sub :)

that was how i was told to see if it was a series 2 or not

and mine sure was

im thinking of fitting a 10 inch there also
Old 01-05-2003, 08:04   #4 (permalink)

are you sure its 10"?? The EF/EL fairmont ghia's had an 8" subby... would seem strange for them to go to a smaller size
Old 01-05-2003, 11:52   #5 (permalink)

My EB2 Fairmont was built 02/92! Join up at www.myford.com.au. You can enter the VIN and it will tell you about your car and some of its history.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 18:42   #6 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Read No 10's

Thats correct, you can only fit an 8" sub in the parcel tray of any Fords standard tray

ViGiLaNtE
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons