Ford Forums banner

EB FALCON, dev kit

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  slowoldxd 
#1 ·
hey guys, i own an EB 4.0 falcon and i want more performance.

i was looking at getting the dev-3hl kit from jim mock motorsport as it costs $2500 and that fitted and dynoed for 150 rwkws. thats a bloody good deal. but i was wondering if anyone here has had this kit done and how does it perform?
any info would be sweet! thanks

#2 ·
You can be sure that if you do a search and type "Jim Mock" or "JMM" a crapload of stuff will come out. After Herrods probably they are the most talked about thing on this forum for the opposite reasons!

In my perspective anyone is worth a try, they just need to be given the chance. I'm sure at one stage or another Herrods would have gone through the same phenomenon when he first started out and for some time after that and yet after that look where he is today!

If you read this Rob, I ain't putting you down but I'm most certainly sure that you know how business runs these days. You need a chance to be able to make your mark and you have certainly made yours!

IMO, he is worth a shot as is anyone else.

#4 ·
Remember, it's $2500 and 150rwkw on HIS dyno. But how you can be sure you'll get that figure, without them knowing the state of your engine now is well, uncertain.

#5 ·
I've always defended JMM even though I haven't had any mods done. People have had different views about them which led to his reputation on FF going down. I would like to get my car done by them but I don't have the money for it ATM.

By all means, go there and see how they are. There are a few people here that have their kits and like what they've got but at the same time minorities haven't received the response they wanted from their cars. All cars are different in the way they were treated throughout their life. Your car may react better than others but may not at the same time. The same can happen even if you go to another motorshop.

I wish I could say "go there and you will not be dissappointed" but I can't because I have yet to experience them.

#6 ·
I have a Mock Dev5a cam in my car and am now looking at doing the headwork (live in bris so cant go to them direct) and it is a pretty aggressive cam, they are pretty costly but good also look at wade cams also.

But hey if you live near them go the dev 3hl

#8 ·
He's not dodgy as far as I know. It's just that people didn't get what they expected because of whatever reason. Possibly their expectations were too high also!

#9 ·
All the dealings I've had with JMM so far have been nothing short of excellent.
I have the DEV3HL complete package in my ute and will be dynoing it ASAP. I was going to do it last Monday, but my brother has had to use it for the whole week.
I'll definatly be dynoing it next week sometime.

Seat of the pants feel of the cam is superb, it revs out to the limiter and makes decent power all the way. It really 'kicks' in, so to speak, after 4000rpm, but below this is still much the same as it was, which IMO is a good thing, as generally speaking a cam is a compromise between bottom end power and top end power. I have lost nothing, but gained a lot with this set up.

BTW, I have older dyno figures, so I will be able to show before and after graphs.

Rick.

#13 ·
No, under 4000rpm it goes great, it just doesn't feel any stronger than it was. Which as I said is a good thing, as cams typically trade bottom end for top end.
However in this case it hasn't, and bottom end 'feels' much the same.

Fact is, the bottom end 'may be' better than it was, it's just that it may be 'masked' by the surge at the top end.

The dyno run will prove this, however.

Rick.

#15 ·
Copied from their price list

DEV3HL

Headers Mod Cat and 2.5" Hi-Perf Exhaust, Intake Mods, DEV 3+ High Lift cam kit, Special V/Springs and Valve train Modifications. Special Sparkplugs & Leads. Maximum Street Performance without cylinder head change.

#18 ·
Thats a pretty fair package fellas. You could spend that much just on headwork and cam and still may not acheive the estimate rwkw's.
With this package it seems as though you get it all without the head removal! Sweet!

When I get my AU1 F/Ghia VCT I'll look into that.

#20 ·
Beastford-
It sounds pretty decent, mine does drone a little, though it isn't the JMM system as I already had it.

Bluoval-
Yeh, Brendan seems to think it's the biggest cam you can use without bumping up the CR or portwork.

TIKFD6-
The leads are 'Champion steel triple silicone 8mm high performance spiral cable', and the plugs were and 'Autolite' XR6 plug from memory.
I don't think there anything to special, though when I asked Brendan about it, he said they helped stop detonation.

Rick.

G
#24 ·
Beastford, when doing any mods on a motor, the condition your motor must be considered. The boys down at JMM wont stuff you around. From what I know the estimated rwkw is an average of what they get. If you run a manual, you will get better results than an auto. If your car has been given a hard time, dont expect the same result as a rebuilt motor. And for anyone who thinks there dyno is set high, get it independently tested. I am sure you wil be surprised. And Soxx, try to get there spark plugs somewhere else!!! Bet you can't!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.