eb v8 mods - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2004, 21:52   #1 (permalink)

eb v8 mods

i have always wanted an ebgt. I love the ott look. they cost too much for me. have recently sold my ea cabriolet and am think about getting eb fairmont v8 (or possibly xr8) and making a gt replica. I am sticking to original gt colours so black and cardinal red are the easiest to find (especially in fairmonts and ghias) The bodykit, wheels will ebgt and the fairmont interior is quite easy to embellish into gt replication. The engine, howver is my concern.

I don't want to spend big buck on new heads/cam/intake manifold etc. I would like to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and focus on engine breathing. Decent extractors, and exhaust (hi flow cat), enlarged air intake with k&n filter and unichip piggy back comp (pulp). even these mods will be over 2k (good quality new parts).

what i want to know is, what sort of pwr increase should I expect. The ajr ef went from 165kw to 177kw with exhaust (not extractors) and filter. Could I get 185kw/400nm or would I be better off keeping my 2k?

If i had more to spend i'd love to get some svo heads, edelbrock manifold, wade cam, stroker kit, supercharger etc
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2004, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: eb v8 mods

Have you thought aboug geting an ED XR8 Sprint? Then you get the GT driveline already installed by the factory.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:06   #3 (permalink)
No longer around

yeah i was gonna suggest getting the sprint and a smashed EB or ED Fairmont ghia for the luxo interior.

i was going to go down the EB GT copy path, then i stumbled upon my NC V8 for 5k when they were still selling for 10. i couldnt pass the bargain up!

good luck with it
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 21:16   #4 (permalink)

what i like about the eb xr8 or fairmaont v8 is that I can pick them up for under five grand. I have recently seen an xr8 for 3900 (sold by the time i got there). Around 3 months ago there was and eb v8 gli manual with gt40 heads, ebgt cam, headers etc for 4600. it was for sale for 3 issues of the trading post. i rang it and very few people had even called about it (bad time of year too - xmas and all). I still had my cabriolet so didn't have the money. I like the sprint very much but they are still abit pricey.
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons