eb xr6 computer in ea? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2003, 06:04   #1 (permalink)

eb xr6 computer in ea?

ok, i got an idea from a friend of mine when we said to me that he want's to get a peformance computer customized for his xf ute,

ok so hears my question's
is it possible to take an EA Computer and replace it with an EB XR6 computer?

and will it also make my car run differently and more like an EB xr6?

i've rang a fue stores and still no one knows if it's possible little lone how much it would cost to do this.

i have a thought that it may no be possible till get an mpfi conversion since all EB's are multi-point and my ea is cfi.

thanks.
xtream ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2003, 07:26   #2 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Re: eb xr6 computer in ea?

It wont work unless you get an MPFI, on that same note, I am not sure if the wiring looms for EA's and EBIIs will work together.. so that may rule oute using the EB XR6 ecu, you will also need to remember that since it is EBII it will have smartlock, which again will effect the car's ability to run. And on a basic motor, I can't see how worth while that will be for you unless you are running an EBII/ED 4.0 with an XR6 cam or whatever.

So yeah, I don't really see the point in wasting your time on that, because more than likely it wont work
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 11:26   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

If he was MPI there is a small chance it would work. 2/92 was the start of EB2 I think and in 1/92 smartlock was introduced. So theres a 8 month window that will be compatable. The gains would be pretty non exisant. Running the XR6 ecu youll still have the wrong cam, fuel pressure, compressin ratio, head etc...
Old 09-14-2003, 05:52   #4 (permalink)

thanks for the info guys. but if i did get it done then wouldn't the person installing it tune everything togeather? so it all work's that's if it's possible.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:39   #5 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

you cant really tune it, besides. its not really worth while and i dont reckon that it would work..
Old 09-14-2003, 06:48   #6 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

yeah I agree with the others.
NO POINT!
You'd get more power from a good exhaust and in any case it's bloody CFI.
Ditch that crap first (and look at the buy stuff section cause I have some parts you'd want to do that)
With MPFI go the exhaust and air filter and you'd have a new car.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:19   #7 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

You don't need the computer, the stock EA MPFI computer is good for many $$$ worth of mods before you need an upgraded computer - even then I suspect the EL unit is better (and it plugs in with ease, just modify 6 wires).
As above: lose the CFI, do the exhaust and get a 4L cam, then start thinking about the computer bro!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 20:54   #8 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

Quote:
even then I suspect the EL unit is better (and it plugs in with ease, just modify 6 wires).
modifying 6 wires still wouldn't work in a EA will it?? coz the EL ecu has smarthlock. If it dose can you let me know what wireing mods need to be done.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:34   #9 (permalink)

Re: Re: eb xr6 computer in ea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelEB
You don't need the computer, the stock EA MPFI computer is good for many $$$ worth of mods before you need an upgraded computer - even then I suspect the EL unit is better (and it plugs in with ease, just modify 6 wires).
As above: lose the CFI, do the exhaust and get a 4L cam, then start thinking about the computer bro!

what's a cam and where abouts can i get one?
Old 09-16-2003, 16:30   #10 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

cam is short for camshaft. it controls the opening and closing of the intake and exhaust valves in the engine. you get them from performance shops, but you cant change it yourself unless you know what you are doing. it is relatively easy though since the E-series I6's are Overhead Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons