Ford Forums banner

EB XR6 Falcon

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone actually know about the EB XR6....
This is what i know:
I own a standard Falcon EBS XR6 Build date 12/92 (115000km)
Colour Exterior: White with grey & red Trim XR6 label on the rear single headlights, small boot bobtail from spoiler extension
Interior: Recaro style front buckets rear to match grey cloth trim, grey door trims dash console.
Steering wheel: Momo leather wrapped 4 spoke.
Wheels: 15" x 7" five spoke rims (chrome finish not painted)
Suspension: XR6 sports suspension, sway bars (rear lowered slighty)
Brakes: ABS 4 way disc
Diff: limited slip 3:45:1
Engine:Tickford enhanced Ford 4.0lt overhead cam, cylinder head tickford stamped (looks like a different casting, head bolts etc), rocker cover red with tickford symbol. Tickford cam starts at approx 2700rpm & lets the engine rev free, smooth & quick to 5300-5500rpm works well (standard 4.0lt engines sound like they want to detonate anything after 4500rpm). 2.1/2' sports exhuast, remapped computer to suit the head & cam (dont know the specs). Very toey six cylinder sedan, plenty of torque in the middle of the rev range.
Fuel Consumption: Performance six cylinder engine, depends how you drive.
Top speed:190km/h+ I have read the EB XR6 computer lets the car go out to 230km/h dont know how true this is, i know ive been 190 and still climbing.
Extras: PWR Steer, AC, Pioneer 6 speaker joystick stereo cassette (standard)
Overall: Good car to drive, good value for money, look good, very exciting at high speed, the tickford enhanced motors love humming along at 100mph & just want to keep going, reasonably light for a Falcon, handle & steer very well, Can give most current V8's good hard competition off the lights (I know).
Quickest standard (exclude turbo-supercharged) most comfortable six cylinder sedan I have driven in a while. Up there with the best of them for speed & acceleration of six cylinder M series BMW, XU-1's, E49Chargers to name a few.

Thats what i know....Darren Mich
Attached Thumbnails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Darren Mich : 01-03-2004 at 05:40.

[Edit] [Reply w/Quote]
Darren Mich
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Darren Mich
Find More Posts by Darren Mich
Users Gallery

Page 1

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
go to fpv... theyve got a section on it... as for top speed ive got a ed xr6, and known they have been seen to be 200+.
mines a manual and i worked it out in 5th at 4600 its doin 200 kays an hour.... extra 600 rpms there for a bit more speed if u wanted!

#14 ·
i can tell you from experience that the EB XR6s will wind the speedo needle all the way off the clock if you give them enough road (at QLD raceway of course)

if you think its toey with a 3.45 diff you should try one with a 3.9 - yeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAAA!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.