Eec Swap Or Update - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 18:54   #1 (permalink)

Eec Swap Or Update

Hoping someone can help - I have an XH V8 ute (non XR8) with the 165kw motor which has extractors, sports exhaust system, EL GT air intake snorkel and BMC filter, which I guess has added about 10% to 15% by a seat of the pants feel. I want to update the EEC to take better advantage of the minor mods. Does anyone know whether the XH XR8 EEC (185kw) can plug in, and if so, what benefits if any could be expected, given that the existing EEC has probabaly updated itself. From what I know of the 185kw version it only differs in spark timing and advance. Therefore, if the XR8 EEC can be adapted would the base power be 185kw + the 10% to 15% of the mods or would the mods be negated by the EEC?

I'm a bit sceptical about the aftermarket chips ie: chiptorque, unichip etc...as I prefer to have a chip tailored to my engine (which I know the XR8 EEC doesn't achieve either). Anyone know much about which of the usual aftermarket pluggin chips are best. What about Tweecer - is it available for aussie EEC's, or Exede?

Anyone know of an EEC tuner in the Melbourne metro area?

Appreciate any assistance or advice.
xh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 20:30   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: Eec Swap Or Update

Many people run unichips here, but if you need to reprogram the EEC you are better with a TwEECer which is not an interceptor chip. But with your mods it will be close to useless IMO. Why do you think you need a chip? The factory EEC is a very good unit and adapts itself to the majority of mods. The guys in the US run well into the low 12 sec 1/4 mile with the stock EEC, and I have seen several 200+rwkw XR8's running perfectly fine without any chips or EEC modifications. IMO spend the money on some other mods, like a new intake etc
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons