Ford Forums banner

Ef 0-100km & 1/4mile times

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  XR6_ cortina 
#1 ·
Hello people,
I was wondering what are the 0-100& 1/4mile times for a EF2 i6 Auto would be.

I think factory quoted times for 0-100 was 8.6sec?
And i have forgotten what the 1/4mile time was.

Talked to a few people, who said way different things- this is why im posting this:)

And if someone could give expected times for a EF with extractors, hi-flow cat, 2.5"zorst, CAI, and when i get it done the BTR elec. shift kit. Cars done about 145000kms;)

Thanks
Jase

#2 ·
last heathcote meet there was 2 EF's running.
both are fairly stock, Zantsuken's managed a 16.6 1/4
mins managed a 17.2 1/4
these times were recorded at about 37 degrees ambiant, so far from optimum.
my car has dual fuel so is slowed a lot by that.
i'd say in the right conditions, a low 16.

#6 ·
ef i6 1/4 mile times

My '94 EF Chaser(ex NSW Pursuit car) which has done 225,000km's is an auto and is stock standard. The only mods are a 2.5" exhaust from the CAT back. Standard rims and tyres.
Last weekend @ Calder i ran it down the quarter, 1st run was 15.8 @ 88.0 mph, 2nd run was 16.2 @ 88.7mph with lots of wheel spin off the line.
I reckon i could get it down to low 15's with a little more practice.
Not bad hey for a stocker.

Attachments

#8 ·
donuts2003 said:
So EA's are faster then EF's?

Muahaha :muha:
Manny EA verses stock auto EF Yes.
Auto EA vs Auto EF... dont think so.
:shootout:

Jase

#9 ·
geeeeeez, thats low for a stock EF..
what diff did the ex chasers have?
maybe i need a lot more practice, and i think my car might need a tune!

#11 ·
last weekend I ran my ea ghia at willowbank... specs are as follows,

ef motor running all ea computer (only on short runners)
5 speed
2.77 lsd
2.25 mandrel bent exhaust no extractors (yet)

This package made 119 rear wheel KW at 4500 on the dyno friday morning and ran 15.16 @ 91mph. VERY happy!

now I've got a 3.27 lsd and some extractors to put on, then we'll see how it goes!

Thanks
Craig :)

#12 ·
XR6_ cortina said:
This package made 119 rear wheel KW at 4500 on the dyno friday morning and ran 15.16 @ 91mph. VERY happy!
Id be happy too. Nice times. :disco:

#16 ·
For an auto, you have to stall the trans up (push the brake down as hard as possible and bring the revs up as high as possible in 1st without creeping forwards or spinning the back tyres). Try not to do it for too long because the trans temp quickly goes off the scale.

#18 ·
The only way you will drop into the 14s bracket is by increasing your power to around 150rwkw, or loose about 250kg in weight.

If you are getting wheel spin in near stock auto on a drag strip, you really need to get some good tyres and you will start to see lower times.

#20 ·
BLWNEB, my 60 ft time was 2.3, it's really hard to get a good time with those gears! I gave it 4500 and heaps of clutch just to get that!

Hopefully the 3.27s should help a little, I know it's not the perfect ratio but I do a fair bit of highway driving and I picked it up for $100...

Thanks
Craig

#22 ·
XR6_cortina, that sure is an impressive time!!! Well done.

Just a question, how did the T5 go with the 4500rpm clutch dump?? Any bad Noises etc?

I'm a little worried about blowing my box up, so 2800rpm is the most she has been given off the line.

Ciao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.