EF Dramas...Help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 18:54 Thread Starter
EF Dramas...Help!

Have not been the owner of my Fairmont long as i have just switched from the Red Team!

I do have a problem someone may shed some light on.

When starting my EF Fairmont the motor fires as intended but this is followed by an insanely loud rattle that does not disappear, to the point where the decibels prevent me from driving it.

I have been advised this may be the teeth/shaft? of the starter motor not fully returning back into the SM after start up and the noise is the shaft hitting the flywheel?

As i said any help would be good, happy to just replace the SM to remedy problem, can this be done with a jack and a few stands in the shed?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:22
Re: EF Dramas...Help!

it can be done in a shed i have done it but i also have a bigger shed than normal but it is quite simple really all u need is a mechanical mind and you should figure it out quite fine
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: