Ford Forums banner

EF Economy on Power mode

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
Ive found that using the power mode in my car, the economy is a lot better.

Usually at 60km/h in ECON mode, it stays in 3rd revving at around 2,000rpm or so. With power mode on, doesnt matter what speed you're going it will always shift into 4th, getting about 1,200rpm at 60km/h.

Just thought i'd let you guys know if you didnt already. As long as u dont drive it hard then u shuold notice better fuel economy! I did!

Cheers

#2 ·
Its the same with my EB, i get 2 l per 100km better in power mode. However I get shithouse economy in both modes at the moment. 22l/100km in econ mode, but I think its only coz of the driving I do, before i moved here and went a different way to work it was pretty normal. 14l/100km in econ.

G
#3 ·
mute said:
Ive found that using the power mode in my car, the economy is a lot better.

Usually at 60km/h in ECON mode, it stays in 3rd revving at around 2,000rpm or so. With power mode on, doesnt matter what speed you're going it will always shift into 4th, getting about 1,200rpm at 60km/h.

Just thought i'd let you guys know if you didnt already. As long as u dont drive it hard then u shuold notice better fuel economy! I did!

Cheers
Hmm, i don't notice this at all.. When im driving in power mode at about 70km/hr, and i switch it over to econ mode, it'll actually lock the converter at a lower speed than if it was in power mode.. I think you have your modes mixed up maybe?

#7 ·
Who ever said higher rpm = higher fuel consumption?

Higher rpm is caused by lower gear. Lower gear = more torquing force on the road, which in turn means less load on the engine. When the engine load sensor senses this, it injects less fuel, so even though it is revving a little higher, it is using less fuel on each stroke.. not sure if this evens out to less fuel or the same, or more.. but just think about it :p

#8 ·
I don't even bother with econ mode, unless you give it a bit it makes no difference.

#9 ·
what he says is true, and i had no idea until Chubbz mentioned it.
if in power mode, with a 3.08 diff (unsure on rest atm) it would change to 4th gear @ 60km/h, would goto 4th in economy @ about 70km/h.

the rest is as everyone else says though, aint checked fuel econ with it on power though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.