Ford Forums banner

EF power window buttons

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been hellbent on making it possible to have them illuminated, as AU ones are and they're very classy looking, not to mention practical.

I know I can do it if I can either:

* scrape back some of the plastic that the button is made from, so its clear and possible to see a light through it (so i need to find out whether the buttons are black pastic or just painted black)

*work out a way to retrofit AU buttons, which means a lot of wiring (which I hate doing)

*get some mdae up that have clear bits to replace the original Ford buttons.

Any suggestions as to how to go about it, or which of the above options would be most likely to work?!

#6 ·
XR6_ cortina said:
hahaha I really wouldn't bother! they're just little lights...

Craig
lol..someone doesn't like anything that flashes..jk

Although sometimes its the little things that make the difference. Its good to be different

#7 ·
I'd try and get some AU switches to fit. Power window switches are a piece of piss to wire. Each switch will have two wires, then the cluster will have a 12V+ and an earth and for the AU switches an illumination wire. So for a 4dr car you'll have 11 wires all up. All the switch does is swap the polarity on the two wires so the motor either goes up or down. Just use a test light to find out which wire goes to which door.

#8 ·
yeah good point MoFoCo.... (er FoMoCo, hehe) it is all the little things that make the difference, as long as its neat, if you've got the time!

Thanks
Craig

#11 ·
Yep, i've seen it in a mates AU II Fairmont Ghia, i never would have noticed but i'd seen ur posts everywhere about wanting to do it :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.