EL XR Falcon headlight replacement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2005, 05:41   #1 (permalink)
Wheelman

EL XR Falcon headlight replacement

Hi all,

We need to replace the outer driverside lowbeam headlight on an EL XR8 due to the lens being smashed by a rock. We have the replacement light which is a hella and can only be bought as a genuine ford replacement unfortunately but do we need to remove the entire front bumper or can it be done more simply. Being the outer headlight, there's a bit more room to work on it if the battery is removed. Thanks for your comments in advance.

G
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 19:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: EL XR Falcon headlight replacement

Sorry guys, I think the bumper has to come off. Same for access to the aircon dryer! I have replaced globes from the rear after undergoing finger extension surgery, but I'm pretty sure a full lamp replacement is a bumper off affair.
fordboy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 19:20   #3 (permalink)
Wheelman

Re: EL XR Falcon headlight replacement

I thought so - the local panel shop offered to do it for me for $60 and said it can be a bugger of a job - might take them up on it if no other alternative.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons