EL XR6 in Melbourne - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 20:59   #1 (permalink)

EL XR6 in Melbourne

Well after 2 months of searching for a car i was soooooo close to owning a 97 5spd XR6. The RACV gave the big thumbs up to the engine, suspension, transmission etc however the body was in poor condition due to a previous accident the RACV advised me in not so many words to steer clear of this "twisted peice of metal" as it had unalligned panels, body distortion, crease in the roof etc.

Anyway the story gets even worse during the week i had noticed 2 EL 5spd XR6 for sale in melbourne with bodykit and sunroof both priced at $14.5k (one white, one red)! So after i told the other guy i wasnt going to buy his car i immedaitly rang up the owners of the other 2 EL's only to find out that for the 17th time i had once again been beaten to the line and both EL's were both sold!

So now the search continues for an EL maybe EF XR6, if anyone knows, see's or has one for sale please let me know! It must have reasonable km's and be a manual, bodylit and sunroof preffered but not essential! so everyone keep your eyes peeled for any EL XR6 for sale in and around Melbourne!
frd_pwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2004, 22:02   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: EL XR6 in Melbourne

Moral of the story: Always ring every car ASAP and look it ASAP

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 22:15   #3 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i saw a el xr6 5spd at melbournes cheapest cars the other week id had every thing you mentioned plus a k&n air filter, pacemaker extractors, king springs (low), dark tinted windows, 3" exhatst system, and more and only going for $13.700 so naturally i acted quick got $12,000 from the bank accout -(all that i had in there)- got to mel cheapest cars went to get my car as a trade in and while i was getting my car valued some other guy was signing the rego papers and contract, and as soon as i went for the final look at the el just to make sure i wasn't seeing things i saw the dealer guy wave good buy and the new owner drive of

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 22:47   #4 (permalink)
.au member

I have a contact in Albury who's told me there's an EF XR6 down there. Is that too far for you, or would you like me to get some more info?
Old 01-16-2004, 00:08   #5 (permalink)

keep ur eyes out, u always get the car u want :D
just have to wait!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:12   #6 (permalink)

true that lets see how long i have to wait for a ef2 futura white with full service history arund 100,000 k's with no rust dents etc.... non smoker aswell lololol and no crappy boot spoiler
1994 White ED Futura Classic, clear front indicators, au2 clear side indicators, 95mm ride height obtained via king springs, camber kit, fairmont velour interior, 5" monster tacho, au2 17" xr8 rims, alpine mp3 deck, pioneer ts-d 6.5" front splits, 8" pioneer rear speakers, 50x4rws pioneer amp, 12" mtx thunder 8000 dvc sub, alpine mono block sub amp, k&n pod filter, 4.11's lsd, jmm dev-5 kit
EDFPV-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 18:30   #7 (permalink)
.au member

i could have given you exactly that about a week ago, i could offer it to you now but it has no front end......is that any good to you?!
Old 01-16-2004, 22:27   #8 (permalink)

mmmm no front end jus like the ed lololol nah thanks for th offer but it needs to be straight in top nick :)
1994 White ED Futura Classic, clear front indicators, au2 clear side indicators, 95mm ride height obtained via king springs, camber kit, fairmont velour interior, 5" monster tacho, au2 17" xr8 rims, alpine mp3 deck, pioneer ts-d 6.5" front splits, 8" pioneer rear speakers, 50x4rws pioneer amp, 12" mtx thunder 8000 dvc sub, alpine mono block sub amp, k&n pod filter, 4.11's lsd, jmm dev-5 kit
Old 01-16-2004, 22:43   #9 (permalink)
.au member

hehe that's ok, I was joking anyway!

I do actually know of 2 EF's going for sale around here (Wagga Wagga) though, one is white with 17's, lowered and an exhaust (I havent seen inside it so I dont know about audio/interior etc), the other is Heritage Green, has 16" genuine EF FTR's on it, 2x 12" subs, Powerchip Gold, exhaust, K&N Filter, Blue Dash mod done and a few other things I cant remember off the top of my head. I can get you more info on either of tehse is you're interested, just let me know.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:31   #10 (permalink)

prices on the two?? i was looking for a stock one as ive already got a shitload of parts waiting to be transfered thanx :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons