Engine bay needs new paint-Need help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2004, 01:14   #1 (permalink)

Question Engine bay needs new paint-Need help

The engine bay of my fairlane needs to be painted, should i paint it in acrylic or 2 pac? It is currently painted in 2pac as is the rest of the car. If i go acrylic i'll paint it myself otherwise i'll get a painter to do it. My engine is almost ready and i need to sort out the engine bay.
zc347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2004, 01:34   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: Engine bay needs new paint-Need help

2 pac all day for me... I have seen a blown radiator hose destroy an acrylic bay.. The coolant 'stained' the paint... Seen the fumes from a battery turn the underside of a red bonnet orange.. I just like the extra corrosive resistance of the 2 pac..
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:45   #3 (permalink)

here's a pic:

Last edited by zc347; 08-08-2004 at 01:49. Reason: pic too big
Old 08-08-2004, 02:58   #4 (permalink)

2 pac for me as well. You will get a better finish off the gun with two pac(ie no rubbing back)and as Racecraft said resistance to chemicals is far superior and will last much longer. I can recommend a good painter if you need zc as i have just had my xr painted by Impact panel and paint in Malaga and was rapt with the finish of his product.cheers ,russ.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:32   #5 (permalink)

2 pac will be more durable. Be carefull if you have braided hoses, they scratch up the paint really easily if you let them touch it.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:39   #6 (permalink)
Phantom 351 XE

i would get a pro to do it if ya got the cash. i just finished spraying my xe's engine bay in acrylic and there is so many hard to get to places that could only get to with a smaller gun or somthing which im sure the pros' will have.
351xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 05:53   #7 (permalink)

Cash isn't a problem, but it is getting a bit thin at the moment. It's just my car is getting so close to being finished i'm trying to speed it all up and that means i'm spending big $$$ is a short time frame. Which is killing my wallet. I'll probably get a professional to do it. My deadline is this summer, which is still quite realistic.
Old 08-08-2004, 14:54   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc347
The engine bay of my fairlane needs to be painted, should i paint it in acrylic or 2 pac? It is currently painted in 2pac as is the rest of the car. If i go acrylic i'll paint it myself otherwise i'll get a painter to do it. My engine is almost ready and i need to sort out the engine bay.
I used some Solver-brand Hammered Finish Silver in the engine bay of my ZC - put it on 10 years ago and it is still there and looking good - the silver sort of hides dirt and grime...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_2438.jpg (82.5 KB, 53 views)
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons