engine noise ba xr6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2005, 15:27   #1 (permalink)

engine noise ba xr6

anyone else had strange engine noise at approx 1100-1200rpm worse cold, doesn't sound like lifter noise, more like timing chain.
also anyone know if synthetic diff oil & addittive fixes thump/noise in diff at low speeds
regards
max
max revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2005, 19:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: engine noise ba xr6

Yep I had this in my manual XR6. Is yours a manual?

Without fail in the morning when it was cold, there would be this rattle/chain type of noise. Dealer said there was nothing wrong and couldn't find a fault. Dickheads. Strange this is, if you drove continually at highways speeds in 5th for around 40-45 minutes the noise would re-appear quite loudly and wouldn't disappear until stopping.
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 20:39   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS-81
Yep I had this in my manual XR6. Is yours a manual?

Without fail in the morning when it was cold, there would be this rattle/chain type of noise. Dealer said there was nothing wrong and couldn't find a fault. Dickheads. Strange this is, if you drove continually at highways speeds in 5th for around 40-45 minutes the noise would re-appear quite loudly and wouldn't disappear until stopping.
no auto
max revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 18:31   #4 (permalink)
Miss Fairmont99

Mine makes a chirping noise when you first start and run it. We think it's the fanbelt.
Old 05-12-2005, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i've had both noises at one time or another... but both go again.... and don't reappear for a month or so, then happen once and then gone again...

i'm not worried, i had an ea that made all sorts of noise before this one!! lol
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 23:12   #6 (permalink)

Gidday,

Nebie here. Just 6 weeks into buying a 2003 XR 6 with just 16.5 kms on the clock.

First hiccup was an air bag alert after moving the drivers seat - fixed in 20 mins by the dealer. Awesome open road car but picked up a intermittent clunck/thump from rear at slow speeds (Auckland traffic), seemingly at last down shift.

Into dealers this am, foreman leaps in, first stop - thump. "Yeah they all do that - bit of slack in the diff. Long story short - at his recommendation will be dropping in a diff additive next week. Will let you know if it helps.

Matt
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 21:00   #7 (permalink)

I had a strange "screetching" noise at exactly 1750rpm from new - got louder for the first 5000km then slowly faded nothing by 12000km and now upto 21000km with no noise. Never found out what it was
XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:24   #8 (permalink)

Buying a Falcon can be a bit like sitting down to watch a horror movie dude, you just KNOW some bad things are gonna happen before you're done.. but overall it's a great ride.

I have had some minor things with my XR6.. like all 4 wheels needing a balance when I drove it new out of the lot.. and a nice clunk in the front when turning at low speed.. both fixed under warranty.. overall I've never regretted my purchase for a second.

1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 23:01   #9 (permalink)

I find that it's only if I use the throttle to much before I stop it that it makes a noise on the next startup. Remember the car started atrotiously once and couldn't hold the tacho still, I think if you turn it over on the starter motor, and it doesn't fire first kick, do not try again for a minute. However I removed the intake plumbing, cleaned all the oil out of the throttle body that was provided by the stupidly located brether to the head and haven't had a problem since. Is that breather even neccisary? Anyone sealed it off? Think ford should relocate/delete this line, as the engine sucks oil out of the valve train into the intake manifold (at least at higher revs), do we need that?
tquarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons