ex police ed? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2004, 02:58   #1 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

ex police ed?

i was just wondering if coppas were using undercover ed wagons at some stage?
my car has an spac cluster and it's a gli so i'm starting to get thoughts it's a x-coppa car

is there any way to tell the differance between standard gli and coppa car?

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2004, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
registered sex maniac

Re: ex police ed?

alot of ppl put higher series clusters in lower series cars man,BUT look for screwholes or ones that have been plastic welded.that is a good start.
ford freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:04   #3 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

where abouts to look for plastic welding cause i have a dash cap in my car which i can't pull off without snapping and i don't wonna snap it incase the actual dash is in worse contition

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

Old 07-03-2004, 03:06   #4 (permalink)
.au member

I highly doubt it'd be an exchaser. Never heard of wagons being used apart from dog squad and stuff like that.

If it was one, wouldnt it be listed on the compliance plate?
Old 07-03-2004, 03:17   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i dont know ill have a proper look at the car tomorrow

Old 07-03-2004, 03:18   #6 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I highly doubt it'd be an exchaser. Never heard of wagons being used apart from dog squad and stuff like that.

If it was one, wouldnt it be listed on the compliance plate?
i see alot of undercover wagons these days out there all the vy's and ba's
and i remember an el wagon pulled my dad over once

Old 07-03-2004, 03:34   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

tommi, all over the dash and console there will be holes. also check for holes in the carpet under the front seats as they have part of the radio units under there.

also if it is ex cop it will have a cago barrier or at least teh holes from where there was one.

also the little lines on the speedo and tacho are closer together, 1kmh instead of 2kmh incrememts.

it should say it on the vin plate.

it should be lower than usual, and have 15" silver "intercepter" steelies

dunno of anything else at the moment
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:40   #8 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the traffic infrigement branch and accident investigation squad use the wagons to carry gear afaik... i didnt think they were moddifed in any way to the normal Falcons though
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:23   #9 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

oh ok i think madnc_8 just summed it up pretty well mine aint an x-coppa

Old 07-03-2004, 05:31   #10 (permalink)
No longer around

afaik it should also have ABS, i think all fords that had abs as an option had it optioned on the cop versions
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons