Ford Forums banner

Extractors- What to look for?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  taximan 
#1 ·
I how browed the forum over the last year and have seen a lot of questions reguarding Extractors and the brands, prices and power increases. I have a set of extractors on my car which were bought form a wreckers complete with 2.5 inch straight trough exhaust and chrome tip. It cost me $120 and I installed it myself. I reckon that it does the job just fine, but I have no idea whether performance would be increased by a newer set. My set have no marking, and almost look custom built.

What features should people look for in extractors. From what I know, pipes should all be of equal length exiting the head to equalise back-pressure. What other factors should people look at when considering a set for their car. Does the metal used affect performance? Diameter of pipes, length of pipes down to the cat? Cheers fella's.

#3 ·
I am really happy with my system. It was cheap, does the job and the only thing was it took some time to locate. It was another post which asked which brand is the best for price out of Walker, Pacemaker, Genie, etc that sparked my interest. It would be great to let members judge the extractors on what knowledge they have about them. My knowledge is pretty average on the topic, I know what it is, where it goes and what it does. The only thing is that my brothers EB has the same set up with a different make (pacemakers) and his car really sounds mean, even on LPG, while with mine, you can notice the sound, but it ain't as throaty. It might be the fact that mine is 3.9 CFI and his is 4.0 MPFI, but I would still like to know. Nathan

#4 ·
Extractors don't make the sound mufflers do.Talk to an exhaust place about the sound you want they should be able to advise to.I am running Pacemakers on my AU and my EB has Walker,the Pacemakers are better quality but there is nothing wrong with Walkers.Opinions about extractors are like arseholes everyone has one,be happy with what you got and play around with the muffler setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.