Facts and figures help on NON TURBO BA XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2004, 05:16   #1 (permalink)
FPV&XR Club ACT Secretary

Facts and figures help on NON TURBO BA XR6

Hello fellow Ford fans.
My ride has had a couple of standard mods.
I am curious to know what RWKW NON TURBO AUTO BA XR6's with similar mods are achieving.
My mods & stats:

UNICHIP
2.5" Catback S/S exhaust
XR6T Snorkel
BMC Filter

Dyno results:

Before chip:134.5 rwkw at 5104 rpm
With chip: 143.2 rwkw at 5094 rpm, I havent quiet worked out the Torque but I think its around 448.5Nm.

I dont know what that is at the flywheel, I would have thought it would be around the 200 mark. Can anyone help.

Thanks

FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT Secretary
citricacid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2004, 05:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Facts and figures help on NON TURBO BA XR6

Haveing had a BA XR6 i will say GET RID OF THE XR6T shit !! and get the BA XR8 pod filter system with an SS cold air induction system and cut the top back, and throw in a BMC pod filter. The Herrods 2.5 system has a very nice note to it, the SS cai will help with makeing the thing rev quicker and breath better.

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 23:32   #3 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

I dont think your torque figure are exactly right... u see 448rwnm is more than what a stock xr6 Turbo puts out? your kw figures sound about right though!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 00:23   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Super Roo - Transmissions are torque multipliers, so torque at rear wheels should always be more than torque at the flywheel. Some dyno machines will try to convert the actual rw figure back to engine equivalent, but it is not accurate. On the other hand, power is less as the transmission causes losses between the flywheel and the rear wheels (in order to make torque?).

Bob - if your car is an auto, then flywheel equivalent would be approx 195 to 205kw. If it's a manual, it's probably more like 180 to 190. Put it this way, a stock auto VCT XR6 (AU) with a quoted flywheel power rating of 172kw, puts about 121 at the wheels on the Ming dyno. That's a 30% loss. using this loss, yours works out at 203kw at the engine - an increase of around 20 over stock. But it is a guide only. 143rwkw is pretty good for a stock NA XR6. I would reckon that a set of Pacemakers would add between 5 and 15rwkw.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:25   #5 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Hello

I have BA NA XR6. Only mod is Unichip. Before chip, 138rwkw, after chip 150rwkw. Run and tuned on BP Ultimate. Max torque before chip around 350Nm, after chip around 400Nm.

Have heard that there is plenty of variation between one engine and another - my dyno guys told me tonight that they had a NA BA XR6 in with all sorts of mods (no chip) that got less then I did pre chip....but then there are unmodded ones out there that get more than mine does with chip. It also depends on dyno - there can be significant differences between individual dynos so comparing results from different dynos is not accurate.

Someone mentioned torque increasing from the engine to the rears? Never heard of that in my physics lessons....

Oh, and mines a manual.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 17:32   #6 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

That would be me, and you mustn't have been listening.

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
Old 05-07-2004, 20:39   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That would be me, and you mustn't have been listening.
Hey JC...I just thought that the transmission multiplied the torque relative to other gears, not relative to the engine - which is why you drop a gear when you want more torque.... apologies if I got it wrong.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:51   #8 (permalink)

Mawhahahahahahaha - stop getting yourself into trouble XRchic, your not always right...

As for the question. Most pull around 134 - 135 Rwkw at the wheels in stock format. Considering what mods youve done I think you should expect a few more KW, specially if XR Chick can get 12 just out of the chip.....

Id be hoping for more like 150 + out of what you've done, however theres a bees dick worth of difference with things like the XR6 Turbo Snorkel, or a K & N Filter, and also when doing mods like these, u should gradually do the mods and re-dyno the car, as I seen an XR6 NA with a sports exaust which lost KW, i can tell you the owner wasnt very happy! So keep that in mind, it might not be the chips performance in question, the exhaust could be pulling you down....
baxr6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:53   #9 (permalink)

Oh and also you notice more power out of these after 10,000 kms, the NA engine is very tight to start with, once everything settles down then the power kicks in...
baxr6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:15   #10 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hey JC...I just thought that the transmission multiplied the torque relative to other gears, not relative to the engine - which is why you drop a gear when you want more torque.... apologies if I got it wrong.
The multiplication factor is certainly dependant on which gear you are in, but they all multiply the torque from the engine. For an AU auto, the tech article on ford-tech.com gives a maximum torque multiplication of 2.1. There is not one specified for the manual.

As far as dropping a gear goes, you actually do this to get more revs, and therefore more power, as revs * torque = power. Torque is what gets you moving, power is what keeps you moving faster..

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons