fairmont front bar questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 22:05   #1 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

fairmont front bar questions

where could I get a new good cond (colour doesnt matter) front bar (el fairmont) and how much would the rough price be?

are they easily fitted? could anyone here help a brother out? (there'd be beer or cash on offer)...

i need to get this done before i can sell my car...

cheers.

Old 08-30-2004, 23:58   #2 (permalink)
White Lightning

Re: fairmont front bar questions

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure its just 4 of those plastic things that hold the front bar on. you can do it yourself easy and a wrecker will have a front bar for cheap if you shop around.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 00:02   #3 (permalink)

I'm not sure where to find one (at this point)
THey're not that hard to fit.

I could scan the section of my gregories manual that says how to fit it.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:32   #4 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

have you tried Just Falcons in Bayswater ? i have seen new panels, bumpers etc at times there. Obviously youd have to get it sprayed though.
dpk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
98 EL Fairmont

I picked up a new unpainted one from Ford for about $45 after some bugger flogged it from my car :(

Fortunately I knew someone who painted it for me for free :)

By the way, they pretty much slot straight in, piece of piss to install
St00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:06   #6 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

to get the bar off first u need to remove the black garnsh thing that goes from the rad support to the headlights when u open the bonnet, there is a plug there that connects to the horns, un plug it, but stay away from the small box mounted to the front edge of the rad support, this is your air bag acuator, if u push it in you will set off your air bags, this will cost over a thousand dollars to fix

then remove both front flashers, there are 13mm nuts just under there where the bar meets the front guard edge

then u gotta move the plastic guard liners, there are 2 phillips head screws on each side under the bar, once these are removed then u can move them

then there is a phillips head screw on each side of the bar where it meets the underside of the guard

once they are off there is 2 15mm nuts each side under the head lights, its your choice if u wanna remove the headlights or get to them from under the car

the bar should come off now along with its fibreglass re-enforcement and irons

now u can get either just the bar cover or the complete bar with the irons, reo, and the air tray/induction/thingo, if u go for just the cover u will need to swap all of this shit over

its pretty simple to do this, just gotta drill out the 4 rivits under the bar and i think there are 2 extra rivits in the middle somewhere, along with about 5 plastic screw slip things, just lay everything out and swap everything over exactly how it is on the original bar

i think thats everything ,hope thats easy enough to understand

if u need a hand give us a yell, id be happy to do it for free, sort of a pay back for that bonnet incident, as long as it dont interupt with my schedule of cource caus most of the next two weeks im dedicating to respraying my own car, but let me no

eafairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:13   #7 (permalink)

after playing with Sunny's Ex cab... you won't be setting the air bag off any time
we were whacking it with a hammer and other various tools to try and set it off. no avail. we gave up :)

No lights *have* to be removed to take the bumper off, just need a few socket extention bars.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:18   #8 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

yeah, but its a lil different with the fairmonts, there is a little less space behind there, just sometimes easier to remove the lights, specially with the fairlaines and their corner lamps,

as for the air bag sensor, there is deffinatly something wrong there, maybe the sensor was stuffed, caus ive seen quite a few ef's and el's air bags go off after small bingles at like 10 kms, and the most external damage is a dent on the front bar

Old 08-31-2004, 03:21   #9 (permalink)

yeah, its the action of going from moving to stop...
not the impact to the sensor.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:29   #10 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

actually your right there, my bad, something to do with a metal ball being dislodged and creating a complete circuit or something with harsh movement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons