Falcon BA's Exported Overseas? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2003, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
viperspit01

Falcon BA's Exported Overseas?

I would be interested to know if anyone knows whether or not the Falcon BA would or could possibly be exported overseas, to say the USA, its such a fantastic car, I dont see why not, they are exporting the highly over-rated Manaro, -why not the Ford Falcon BA, I would have to say the BA would have to be the greatest car that has so far been released in Australia to this date, without any doubt, if you can name a better, more successful more reliable and fantastic looking car, then I won't say anything further, I really can't think of any other car better than it in Australia. With its superb handling, and comfort, you couldn't possibly want anything else?

Personally I think the BA will go down as one the most successfuly cars to ever grace Australian roads.

Not only that, Ford Falcon will become Australias favourtie car again, against its rival the Commodore VY, a truly aweful looking car, When you next see a VY check out the back, it looks like a damn UFO!! I swear, a flying saucer....and plasitc under the bumper...!!

This era kind of reminds me of the XD, XE, XF era (1979-1988) when Falcon truly dominated, in both sales and racing, against the smaller VH, VK, VL; to this date Holden have never made a smaller sedan since, they copied Ford with the larger sedan (VN), and look where its got them (for now).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2003, 22:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Falcon BA's Exported Overseas?

We get them in NZ and we love them...............
Old 09-17-2003, 22:24   #3 (permalink)
viperspit01

Do they sell like hot cakes over there in NZ like in Oz?

Old 09-17-2003, 23:33   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Does anyone know if the BA’s they had at the centenary celebrations in Detroit were tested by the media?
Old 09-18-2003, 02:41   #5 (permalink)

Yes ,they are selling like hotcakes,there are waiting lists for XR6t,XR8 and of course the GTs.
Unfortunately due to the popularity of the BA in Australia we are getting very few over here.
Had a few mates sell there oil thirsty Holdens to buy BAs.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:44   #6 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I got a memo that was passed around work with impressions of the BA by some of the development engineers in Detroit that had driven the BA and they were absolutely blown away by it. They could not believe that it wasn't available in the US. One guy said "if we had these over here we would sell a million of them". They were very impressed with the handling and the brakes and they loved the power of the Turbo. A GT and a Fairlane G220 were sent over there recently and I think they will be extremely impressed with them also, just waiting for some feedback from them in the future. I'm sure the Fairlane will be thought of as a brilliant replacement for the aging Crown Victoria.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:14   #7 (permalink)
viperspit01

bossxr8 do you work for the Blue Oval in geelong?

Why don't the Yanks import the BA then? They import the extremely over-rated Manaro, whicjh isn't as cranked up to what its mde out to be, the Barra is by far better, and would be cheaper.

The funny thing is they were even bagging it (Holden) on a known TV show, Punk'd on channel Ten tonight (Thursday).

Old 09-18-2003, 19:26   #8 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

BossXR8, make sure the Yank cops know the BA has the fuel tank ahead of the rear axle – they’ll sell heaps.
Old 09-18-2003, 19:40   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Re: Re: Falcon BA's Exported Overseas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Does anyone know if the BA’s they had at the centenary celebrations in Detroit were tested by the media?
I don't believe they have been given to the media.

Long story short, Ford US will have a new range of passenger cars for the North American market so the chances of the current Falcon being exported there is slim.
Old 09-19-2003, 00:19   #10 (permalink)

probally not for the timebeing, first the falcon has not been enginerred for LHD where as the commodore had been engineered for LHD for middle east exports, so it was an easy change for monaro, you make it sound like getting a car to the US is easy but you better beleive how much time/money holden has spent getting the car upto US specs, emissions and regulations, it would be alot of work to get a falcon over there. It would also take a person high up in Ford detroit to be very close to ford aus and aprove of the deal, like bob lutz with holden. Lastly ford simply dont have the production like holden to do it, they are already runing flat out, and with the territory coming, at the moment they simply cant export.

Last edited by corbz; 09-19-2003 at 00:22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons