few questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 05:18   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

few questions

hay guys got a N/A xr6
and i have a few questions
1) is there a service manual out the like gregories
2) how hard is it to take the console off ( around the ICC n all ) for a spay job as i do want it a diferent colour
3) is there any after market satalight navagation around the place because i have had a read around and people have coneted DVDS n all to there icc (colour screen ) because there is a port underneath the system somewere.
ba XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2004, 06:33   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba XR6
hay guys got a N/A xr6
and i have a few questions
1) is there a service manual out the like gregories
2) how hard is it to take the console off ( around the ICC n all ) for a spay job as i do want it a diferent colour
3) is there any after market satalight navagation around the place because i have had a read around and people have coneted DVDS n all to there icc (colour screen ) because there is a port underneath the system somewere.
Hey ba XR6.... I dont know the answer to question 1 except that I would imagine so. As for question 2, I would imagine it is quite difficult (if not impossible) coz of the CD player all being integrated with the console... that is why stereo mods cant be done at the dash in the BA.....
Question 3: I have heard the VDO sat nav system is really good, possibly better than the Ford standard sat nav and if you have premium audio (colour screen) it just uses the existing colour screen - a bit cheaper than Ford option sat nav I think and has a remote control which uses the infra red point that is already there. Also, the Ford sat nav cannot be used while car in motion (even by a passenger) you have to pull over. The VDO system can be used while car in motion. We checked it out at the motor show....got demonstration and everything. Pretty impressive and easy to use.

I think there is a port there somewhere (not sure if you had to option it or if it comes with premium audio) where you can plug stuff in, and play MP3s and stuff....

Hope this helps...
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:39   #3 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Hi ba XR6,

This link explain all........http://aaron.ausmicro.com/BA_Falcon/AUX_Audio.pdf

The man is a legend!
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:33   #4 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

hay he is a smart guy carnt wait for updates on how he is going to put the vid inputs in i heard that the screen has a poor resolution because some people have tryed this, i have even heard people trying to make programs for the screen do do different things
mmm i think we shoud just keep updating this post on new things that do come out for the premium sound system cause it would be good to have some pritty schmic things on our screens like pics n all lol
ba XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons