Finally started on my coupe
ten months after buying it, i've finally started working on my baby. i've mentioned it before in other's threads, but those of you that don't know, it was built as a drag car by the previous owner, raced for half a season, the trans disintegrated, taking parts of the floor with it. the guy took the running gear (460/bits of c9/9") out, and sold me the shell.
anyways, being a long weekend, i thought now would be a good time to weld up the floor. i cut out the damaged section, got another section out of a smashed coupe, and welding it in this arvo. i also have to fill the large hole where they put a battery lock out switch (with the big red plastic key) and a battery jump-start plug in the rear panel below the honeycomb. once this is done, i can start putting the loom in, and prepping the engine bay for paint. heres one or two pics of some of the damage to the floor, and the launch when the trans let go. i'll post pics later today of the work i've done.