Fitting an aftermarket stereo in a BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 01:13   #1 (permalink)
ED XR6

Read Fitting an aftermarket stereo in a BA

Hey all,
I just wanted to ask a few questions. Im looking at getting a new car and also get away from all the problems ive had with commodores ive owned and go for a Ford as ive always liked them.

My first question is im looking at getting a BA XR6 as the ford employee discount makes it a good buy, but my only concern is the radio in it. I looked at the dash and it looks to all be one piece. I want to know if you can fit an aftermarket stereo in one, single or double din as i would be putting a full on system in it like i have in my current commodore.
Or do i have to just use the existing head unit in it and use a converter to attach the amps which will then drive the subs and everything else. Does the audio upgrade you can get (it think its called the REX kit) give the head unit aux out?? or more power to enable an amp and subs be attached.

Also one last thing the test cars at Rex Gorell in Geelong where i looked at the XR6, the door skins and stuff looked as though they were not fitted on properly and you could move the whole door skin. Is this a known problem as i dont know if it would be worth waiting for the BA II to come out before i think of getting one.

Thanks heaps guys!
-Mick
MICK_EZEKIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 01:15   #2 (permalink)

HAHAHA the door skins are a worry, havent seen that problem yet. Also id say your going to have to stick with the original head unit or get the premium option with the colour screen!!!!!!
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:03   #3 (permalink)
ED XR6

Thanks Bigbadau...
By the way if i do have to use the original one.. does anyone know if the standard one has a remote turn on.. or the one that comes with the upgrade.. which i think would as doesnt ford put an amp and a sub in when you get the audio upgrade??
as i would need that if i was to run an AMP..
thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 17:51   #4 (permalink)
Falcon to the bone

I remember reading a thread late last year about fitting aftermarket stereos to the BA. I think it was Pioneer that had ordered a couple of BA dash set ups and were working on a fix.

It will only be a matter of time before Pioneer or others come up with a range compatible with the BA.
Old 01-22-2003, 18:32   #5 (permalink)

Ummm....interesting sig VBdreaming:oo3:

There is no remote control for the standard or premium system on BA. The head unit cannot be replaced (maybe the Ford factory guys can but I wouldn't reccommend DIY). See this thread http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ubb...=008742#000002 for more details.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
ED XR6

thanks for the link Falchoon....
The post that said...
----------------------------------------------------------
"seriously i would rather have the premium sound system to any aftermarket stereo. This is my opinion, your might be different. And yes it does have RCAs and i heard theres an AV imput as well, so you probably can hook up TV, PS2 whatever"
-------------------------------------------------------------
was good... :s5

good to see there are RCA out and AV in... kool could turn the dash into a TV... and run a decent amp off the head unit with a few subs... atleast thats one worry gone... now i would be able to drive a barra and have the stereo at a decent volume you can hear as well as feel
Old 01-25-2003, 13:30   #7 (permalink)

damn! that post was by me! but im not totally sure, if it has all ive stated tho. It what i heard here, which made me post there.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 15:38   #8 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

My BA has only the standard stereo. Is there any chance of upgrading it to the premium, can the dealer install it on an already well established BA?? If so how much does it cost?
Old 02-02-2003, 22:31   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 104625
My BA has only the standard stereo. Is there any chance of upgrading it to the premium, can the dealer install it on an already well established BA?? If so how much does it cost?
Looks as though it is a $600 Prestige Sound factory option no signs of premium which can only be optioned for futura and XRs. I don't know if it is at all possible for the dealer to slip your car back on the production line again. You can only try :)

Goodluck
Old 02-02-2003, 23:40   #10 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford4Eva
Looks as though it is a $600 Prestige Sound factory option no signs of premium which can only be optioned for futura and XRs. I don't know if it is at all possible for the dealer to slip your car back on the production line again. You can only try :)

Goodluck
Thanx Ford4Eva. I'll guess just have to take the chance with the dealer or be patient and wait to see what the market brings out!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons