Ford CRC and Road Side assist Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 05:54   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Ford CRC and Road Side assist Problems

I'm interested to hear other peopleís experiences with Ford CRC and Roadside assist.

I have had a need to call them it would be fair to say a few times since taking delivery of my New BA XR6 and it would also be fair to say that for the last couple of months I have lets just say not happy with one of the Ford CRC Rep that I have had to deal with, the last time I had a need to call up he abused me no end over the phone and told me just what I could do with my latest problem.

Well it would be fair to say that this was the last straw I lodged a serious complaint with senior ford CRC Management and had my file transferred to another rep for which I am now very happy with, but last week when my XR6 deceived it didnít want to play ball again, I had to again ring road side assist again and come the standard reply for which I have become use to by now yes sir we will be there with in the hour, hmmm I thought oh well guess Iíll just have to be an hour or so late for work no big problem.

I thought I can handle that and way after an hour and a quarter had gone by I decided to ring them again and come the reply yes sir we will be there very soon after 2 hours and still nothing I decided to ring again and up the tempo just slightly I was told sorry sir we are to busy doing work for the Victoria Police today we are going to try and arrange to have some one there soon.

Well it would be fair to say that it was at this point where I turned up the tempo quiet a bit, I then got off the phone from them and contacted my Dealer New Oak Ford in Melbourne who arranged to a Tech from World Care to attend, and man was he prompt no sooner had I hung up the phone but there was a tech and a tow truck in my drive way.

Now all this is well and good but surely this is Road side assist's job not my dealers isnít this what I paid for I had the car taken to Strapp Ford in Melbourne ( Doncaster ) and again they were straight on to it.

CRC have since contacted me and will not even say sorry let alone admit fault on this F%^K up, just to check that the car is back on the road, to bad if I was stuck in the back of the boon docks or a female was stuck out some where by her self on a lonely road at night CRC and Road side assist need to lift their game big time.

The problem turned out to be a faulty battery which I was told by the World Care Tech this is a common fault and the battery needs to be replaced as there are a heaps of faulty batteries out there, world care replace approx 50 per month them selves according to the guy that attended my latest break down.

Hmm I thought common problem no big drama they will replace the battery check the car same day and we will all move on and Iíll get back on the road or so I thought, well guess what not as easy as that 4 days the car spent off the road whilst they debated about who was going to pay for the new battery with several dead cells, since this was the first time the battery had died I was told that FORD would not replace it under warranty and that if I wanted a new one I had to replace it my self or wait for it to fail again.

Great I said what happens when next I get stuck some where ????? no answer, after several more phone calls back and forth between my self, my dealer, I then told them what the world assist guy had told me about the batteries it was at this stage that common sense finally prevailed over ford and they agreed to pay for a new battery, about bloody time the car is only 3 months old and has only done 8,000 k's and has spent approx 7 weeks off the road for a whole host of problems

As a result of this latest incident and the seriousness of it I now have been asked to attend a meeting with the Senior manager of CRC, & Road Side assist, to discuss the latest problem not sure what is going to come out of it but Iíll be sure to keep every one updated.

Regards
Wayne Pryor.
BluePrintXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 06:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford CRC and Road Side assist Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePrintXR6
I'm interested to hear other peopleís experiences with Ford CRC and Roadside assist.

Wayne, I have never actually had a beak-down that didn't allow me to take my car to the local dealer.

You must have a "Friday" car.

Sorry to hear. If it really turns out to be a lemon, ask them to take the car back, get them to go over it (from top to bottom) and ensure that nothing else is wrong before you again take delivery of it. The probabilities are low, but sometimes you get a number of faulty components land in the same car, that cause problem after problem, head-ache after head-ache over the break-in period (first 3-6 months). But this period is over, she shouldn't cause you any more grief other than the usual stuff that pops up during servicing.

This happened in my AUII, but after the initial 6 months, no problems for the next 4 years until I sold it.

And dont forget to get a loan car while they go over it.
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:47   #3 (permalink)

I had Fords Road Side Assist. No problems. Very happy with the service.
And this was at Howard, between Maryborough and Childers. Not exactly metro !!
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:40   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your feed back guys hmmmm i will be interested to see what comes oput of Thursday's meeting may be a new car is on the table i'll be sure to let you all know.

Regards
Wayne Pryor

BluePrint XR6
BluePrintXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 16:40   #5 (permalink)
gone

Have used them several times on the T series and the Explorer

Always rocked up on time, and the people who did turn up where well informed and efficient

I do feel for you though
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons